Forums

Help › Forums

Launcher not working on Windows PC

Fri, Feb 3 2023 10:16 AM (52 replies)
  • Golftrotter09
    14 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 2:38 AM

Hi,

The app installed on my Windows PC was working just fine until the new update which came in last week. Now when I start the app, it says a new update is available and I need to install it. When I click on the button, the launcher starts and the message displayed is that it is searching for new updates.

Nothing happens after that. I have kept the launcher on for more than 1 hour but no luck. I tried to search for a download on the WGT website for the Windows platform to reinstall the app. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate the link from which the app for Windows platform is available for download.

Please help. I am unable to play the game and losing out on all tournaments.

Regards

Golftrotter

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 10:21 AM

I would try this...

Navigate your way here...

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher

...and locate the folder named golf, then rename it, perhaps golf1 or something like that. Then run the launcher again.

If the game update installs successfully, go back into the WGTLauncher folder and delete the golf1 folder (or whatever you named it). You will see another golf folder there, do not delete that one.

If that does not work, then maybe try a reset.

• Golftrotter09
    14 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2022 1:07 AM

Hi,

I tried both options mentioned. None seem to work.

The Launcher is still not updating the app nor is it downloading a new version.

The RESET also did not work.

I am stuck.

Please help.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2022 12:55 AM

Okay then, try a reinstall.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2022 9:57 AM

Golftrotter09:
    I tried to search for a download on the WGT website for the Windows platform to reinstall the app. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate the link from which the app for Windows platform is available for download.

Just adding this info on the chance that it's still relevant for the OP.

The App download link is at the bottom of this page (and probably every other page on this website) Just click on the link that says "Download the App" There will be a Play on Windows button.

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2023 10:29 AM

Hiya Scott,

What happens if a reset doesn't help, nor a reinstall - before I reinstalled (all day yesterday and today), and after I reinstalled, I get this

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 1:34 PM

Hello Mr P. I presume you did a Scotty reinstall?

Apologies for the delay but I've been out of order.

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2023 12:32 PM

Totally out of order, probably 😉

I did it all, Scott - all to no avail.

I even did a sys restore to the day prior to the issue, and a fresh reinstall, and nothing changed.

WGT told me I should play on a wireless connection with everything else switched off so I sent them my Ookla results, and then they asked for computer specs, probably thinking they could get me on that, but nay nay.

So what did they suggest next? "Reinstall Windows", they said.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2023 12:43 PM

Have you tried switching your router off for a few minutes?

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 10:10 AM

For ten minutes, Scott. Nothing.

And then, because I am an utterly stupid, moronic $@%!, I actually did what the Brains Trust suggested. 

It will take forever to reinstall all the apps - but beginning with the two for WGT,

Launcher gives me

and Steam gives me

Just waiting for them to tell me to buy a new laptop...

RSS