Forums

Help › Forums

CTTH Kiawah monthly

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 30 2022 9:03 PM (2 replies)
  • Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2022 11:23 AM

Tell me clearly, whats wrong that 3rd hole there? I can control all other holes under 10ft which is fine for me...but that 3rd...its just abnormal for me! I am calculating all what i can...and result is below poor! What to do?

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 12:56 PM

LOL! I could write two full pages on that hole and it would probably still not be enough to cover it ( I think I have else where).The good news is you are not alone! That hole is pure evil with the wind at your back and championship greens. My odds improve 10 fold with the wind in my face and probably 5 x better with just a side to side wind.

Short answer: work your wind calculations accordingly with full backspin or full back plus one or two clicks up from that. Use one club up with side to side wind or wind in your face, 6 iron 180 yds for me (if wind is at your back best advice is prayer).There is a ridge on the left from the fringe all the way up (if looking at the hole to shoot). I try to land my ball on the top left side of ridge and let it hit the ridge and then roll down the hill right to the hole (once the ball goes over ridge, if rolling slowly it will roll to the right towards pin, so land slightly left of pin for more precision on roll out). I can usually get the “thump, thump, thump” sound effect  doing it correctly. Even on occasion landing on fringe to left or on top of the ridge it will work, but if you short it on rough it will probably stick there. If you hit on downside of ridge (always depending on strength of wind) you may blow past hole (certainly with champ or even 12 greens). However, with a head wind you can still get to acceptable distance.

The best advice I can give you is go find this hole in “stroke play” mode and practice it over and over taking advantage of the mulligan option. Stroke play practice is the best way to practice all facets of your game.

That’s the short version and not even close to all the information needed. My fingers have had enough (I knew I shouldn’t have even tried this). Hopefully you get something out of it. 

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 9:03 PM

More i try it...more i just wonder how in hell i have get myself to legend tier!

RSS