Forums

Help › Forums

Clash of the helmets

Fri, Nov 25 2022 8:05 AM (6 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2022 1:48 AM

First match , 12 speed greens medium wind, at Oakmont B9

first time ever I can’t find our opposition club on WGT ! Perhaps it’s a makey uppy !! Lol

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2022 3:50 AM

bossbird:

First match , 12 speed greens medium wind, at Oakmont B9

first time ever I can’t find our opposition club on WGT ! Perhaps it’s a makey uppy !! Lol

WGT - The Helmets Country Club This one?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2022 9:13 AM

No , not correct because of course you found it !! I won’t say who it was but it is nowhere to be found on searches on WGT ! 

we had Oakmont for first and second matches , and what a nightmare of a course it is for me , on the putting green. Just started the third at PGA and what a joy that is . !  I just hope for those clubs competing for the glory get equal numbers of the easy and hard otherwise it’s not at all fair. Of course for me , my expectations are so much lower these days !! Hahah 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2022 10:47 AM
    Ok :-/
  • MalleeHacka
    3,570 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2022 7:05 PM

Played a clash round @ Congressional against 'Southern Colorado Paradise' CC and noticed that the scorecard showed the wrong nine holes. The round was on the back nine, the actual holes and pars were correct, but the scorecard was numbered 1 - 9!

Several of my CC members and myself has noticed this error in the past. Doesn't cause any problems, but something isn't quite right!

Anyone else out there ever noticed this issue/

MalleeHacka [Down Under]

• Rapbuck
    207 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2022 8:05 AM

We have had Merion Back 9 a total of 4 of the 6 clashes  

Olympic once and Congressional once as well  

So much for an even distribution  

So Oakmont and PGA are the other courses

Is there a 6th course?

Maybe we will get lucky and get a couple of PGA National clashes today

Then again maybe pigs will start flying today as well

• AlaskanDame
    18,962 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2022 12:15 PM

We’ve been fortunate with 4 PGA’s (not in a row) but also had 3 Oly’s in a row.  Members lost interest then.

RSS