Forums

Help › Forums

Moving up levels

Thu, Sep 29 2022 9:49 AM (7 replies)
  • x4jude4x
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2011 11:58 AM

I used to play quite often and at the time I was a Tour Pro.  I started playing in a lot of the ready-go and stroke play tournaments and was doing pretty well.  I got my average below 70 and moved up to master.  The only problem is that I was barely good enough to get in the money on some of those tournaments and when it bumped me up to master I have no chance.  I actually play a lot less often now and my average has went back up to where it is currently at 70.6.  Can you get demoted per-say?  I guess what I am asking is that I am no where close to being good enough to compete at the Master level that I am at.  If I keep playing this poorly will I get moved back down to Tour Pro?

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2011 7:57 PM

No, can only move up, practice and you will adjust to new level, may need to upgrade clubs too.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Wed, Nov 16 2011 1:17 AM

how come i am still on master level when my average is 61.7 can not find any information on when you change levels could you please explian the method

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Nov 16 2011 9:23 AM

You have to play a lot of ranked rounds to change tiers. Any game you play that is not ranked will not count as far as moving up in the tiers.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 6:53 PM

ty 4 your help will just have to hang in there

• Jezh3
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 7:54 AM

How do you move up? I've been on Tour Pro for ever, at level 87and just been called a cheat

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2022 4:54 AM

You have to play so many ranked rounds & have a certain average i think.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2022 9:49 AM

First things first: We're talking about tiers (Tour Pro, Master...) not Levels (86, 87, 88...)

Jezh3:
    How do you move up? I've been on Tour Pro for ever, at level 87 and just been called a cheat
    Unfortunately, insults are common, just to make you feel uncomfortable. Your position in tiers and Levels is nothing to be ashamed for - don't listen!

Concerning your question, there are three main routes to advance:

- Playing strokeplay for the average is the most traditional one, and you have only played 14 of these. Nothing wrong with that!

- Playing 9 or 18 hole matches or tournaments and winning,

- Playing coin rooms and H2H with a certain amount of success.

Which type of game do you play?

I'm guessing, coin rooms or H2H, as nothing of the former is shown in your profile.

Keep in mind that you have been promoted through three tiers already, so the mechanism works!

Guessing blindly, it looks to me like you have to play better to achieve some wins, which will cause your promotion.

You may want to buy a decent and short wedge, if you use them, as the Starter wedges are cr*p.

You may also choose a less expensive ball like the Tour SD or the Srixon (L11?) to save some money.

You are also in an inactive Country Club - the owner has last played in 2017, and only tthree players have played this year. Select an active CC with an active owner to get a chance for company and more advice.

RSS