Help › Forums

CLOSING: FAIR PLAY GOLF CLUB

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 22 2022 2:03 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 4:23 AM

Sadly and unfortunately, I'm closing the club and looking to join another.

A couple of reasons, main one being I won't have the time next year because of work commitments, I was going to keep it going into the new year, but I'll be away most of January. Other reason is, for all the effort I put in, it's hardly worth it with the very few that enter the tournaments, it rarely goes over 10 entries, usually that's in our season long, credit prizes Calendar Tournaments.

It's been an enjoyable hobby, all 11 years, but I'm just going to enjoy playing, unfortunately, it'll be with another club. 

I won't rush into joining, I want to sign to one that's run well with plenty of participation, fee and free tournaments, 20-40 members from Master+ tier, and who knows, if any of their members are willing to share the workload, I might start the Calendar Tournament if the owner/directors are interested.

Send friend requests to me and club info by private message of what you have to offer if interested in getting new members. We have members from TM to TC,

Regards, Dubfore.

• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 7:08 AM

good luck finding a CC with more than 20 entries per CC tourney. I have found you can give free creds away and still not get more than 20 people to go for the creds lol

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 7:49 AM

Posting this in the forums was a classy and considerate way to announce your end as a CC owner. I'm certain that many clubs would be honored to have you as a member.

Good luck,

ct

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 11:09 AM

Instead of closing it why not see pf one of your other 19 members would like to take it over and run it, 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 12:01 PM

ct690911:
    Posting this in the forums was a classy and considerate way to announce your end as a CC owner. I'm certain that many clubs would be honored to have you as a member.

I agree.

borntobesting:
    Instead of closing it why not see pf one of your other 19 members would like to take it over and run it,

Thinking the same. It's a prestigious club that has been around for a long time. It'd be a shame to see it (and the OP) go.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 4:49 PM

Dubfore:
    Sadly and unfortunately, I'm closing the club and looking to join another.

Didn't you go through a similar exercise last year about this same time?  

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 8:41 PM

Someone from English Golf Club was on the WGT discord server asking whether any smaller clubs were interested in merging with them. Deirdre is their tournament organiser and it seems a well run club. I suggest if this is of interest to you and your members then contact MKALER at EGC, he might be able to assist you.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2022 6:51 AM

tramilleo:

good luck finding a CC with more than 20 entries per CC tourney. I have found you can give free creds away and still not get more than 20 people to go for the creds lol

Thanks. At one time we had over 100 members and regular 30+ participation. Gradually had to cut the slackers though.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2022 6:52 AM

pdb1:

borntobesting:

Not as easy as it sounds .

Good luck Dub .

Thank you. I tried that before, nobody interested. A lot involved, not just posting tournaments, monthly handicaps, Calendar Tournaments, posting results. 

• PAGES
RSS