Forums

Help › Forums

Showdowns

Mon, Jan 29 2024 11:38 AM (54 replies)
  • EchoUK
    51 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 12:44 PM

Just being curious and was wondering why Tour Champions and Champion players feel the need to join the lowest level competition in the showdown events. 

Is this an ego thing? or simply if they were to join the higher bracket level which in my mind is were Tour champions and champion level players belong they just couldn't compete!! 

I apologise to those Tour Champions and Champions level players that do join and play the higher bracket level in the showdown events as this goes out the those that feel the need to play at such a low level so they stand a better chance in finishing in a high place or win . In the latest event and in the Iowest level ( novice i believe ) 4 out of the top 5 finishes were Champion or Tour Champion  the player who took 1st place in the lowest level event was "GOLFOC" who by the way in his profile is a level 138 player and has an average of 49.79 and is a member of Bud and Suds-the daily players club. 

WGR should place limitations on these events so players like GOLFOC can't play in such a low bracket 

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 3:56 PM

When I enter a Showdown there is no option for level of play, WGT automatically places me in the Rookie division, at some point in time I would guess I will be placed in the Expert division. I've only played in 3 showdowns.

Rookie and Expert are the only divisions I have noticed.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 4:43 PM

ColumbusStorm:
    Rookie and Expert are the only divisions I have noticed.

In the "showdown rush" there are only two divisions (the most recent one was a "rush"), in the ordinary showdowns there are three.  I think everyone is put automatically in Rookie but you can change it before you enter.  There are various reasons to play in rookie, as I do myself. 

@EchoUK: I've no intention of justifying myself to you so you may not feel like answering my questions, but; is it then ok for a Legend to play at rookie level?  If you get promoted, will it be ok for a TL to play at rookie?  Generally, should the rule be that only those at the same level as, or lower than, you can play at rookie.

You are the one breaking the rules.  FYI, the person you named has played a lot more showdowns at veteran than he has at rookie.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 4:58 PM

EchoUK:
    Just being curious and was wondering why Tour Champions and Champion players feel the need to join the lowest level competition in the showdown events. 

I answered this question in another thread. Not sure why you had to start another thread. Look up in the other thread you posted in to get my response. Have you played the showdowns and if so, at what level. The higher level of showdowns cost more to play in and some just dont have the credits or coins to play in the higher level. I play in the rookie level,and why you ask, beause I want to and there are no rules saying I cant. Cheers.

• EchoUK
    51 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 5:29 PM

No need for anyone to justify anything but please don't get uppity. I am just saying that WGT should have limitations on who can enter rookie level oe any level for that matter 8n showdowns period.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2022 2:53 AM

I have seen lowere tiers play in the upper levels. Anyone can play in any level. There are no rules saying you cant

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2022 10:26 AM

EchoUK:

I am just saying that WGT should have limitations on who can enter rookie level or any level for that matter in showdowns period.

IMHO, WGT should limit it as follows:

Rookie:  Tour Masters and below only

Veteran:  Tour Legends and below only

Expert:  Open to all tiers

In conjunction with that, WGT should look at revamping the prizes offered in each Showdown division.  It's my understanding that the payouts relative to the entry fees in the Veteran and Expert divisions are not as good as they are in the Rookie division.  

• EchoUK
    51 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2022 11:17 AM

IMHO, WGT should limit it as follows:

Rookie:  Tour Masters and below only

Veteran:  Tour Legends and below only

Expert:  Open to all tiers

Agree 100%

• CaptRon48
    179 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2022 1:41 PM

I would have rookie division  Legend and below. Reason being as I see it most Legends nowdays didn't get title by meeting scoring criteria but by playing coin rooms. Tour Masters versus Legends even match when tee advantage factored in like it is in Showdowns.

RSS