Help › Forums

I am thinking of an add on to WGT

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 4 2022 6:47 PM (9 replies)
  • Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2022 5:44 PM

Putting and Iron calculator.

Young brain can calculate by fraction. But old brain like me ...

I need a calculator.

I think i need mouse friendly. No keyboard to type all numbers

How it works?

There will be short cut in desktop. You click it opens wgt program and add on program.

It will attach itself left or right of the window based on settings.

Now when you are putting u just click number buttons.

1. Green speed 2. Distance 3. Elevation ( + up , - down).

2. Settings will have your own custom formula.(advanced)

So no need to follow one person formula. You create your own. Its just framework.

Putting formula i got from young46 few years ago. i tinker according to my putter performance.

if more people want comment +1

if i see more 100 i develop it.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2022 10:59 AM

Flatearth777:

Now when you are putting u just click number buttons.

1. Green speed 2. Distance 3. Elevation ( + up , - down).

2. Settings will have your own custom formula.(advanced)

So no need to follow one person formula. You create your own. Its just framework.

Putting formula i got from young46 few years ago. i tinker according to my putter performance.

You mean like this?

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2022 12:33 PM

No.

There will be settings and formula with variables. you can create your own formula with 3 data

Putting

1. Green speed

2. Distance

3. Elevation

4. Up constant

5. Down constant

Constant vary according to putter

Those can be modified in settings

I am working what is least time to enter data.

typing is faster way but i like to enter via mouse.

it will be combination of hover and click and also type the numbers if someone like that way

Each field has up and down arrow for fine tune digits. Also calculator screen show up to type in numbers

when you enter last field elevation the result will be there automatically.

So when u go to next hole and distance or evelation closer to that number... u can just move ur cursor on hover over up button or down button to save time.No need to type in number if you are lazy.

So what is the goal? Speed up player playing time. Instead of they are calculating distance.

There are many variables with putter and mound in green which affect and also green speed is not same in all greens.

Coin game provide this but you want to calculate your own here but with helper tool to speed up the process.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 10:39 AM

So in other words.  You want WGT to have ingame the formulas and such for you automatically.  It has taken others many hours of time to figure these things out.

You ask all over these forums for many things, never offering up any help to others.

Next you will want WGT to figure out how to automatically hit the ball for you and sink the putts without you lifting a finger to do anything.  Tee to hole automatically.

Do you even play this game on your own?

Yeah, I might sound sarcastic, and I believe in your case I have a right to.  Yep you are correct, this is the first time I have sounded off about your wanting posts.

You want the game to do everything for you.

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 5:06 PM

hi

What is going on here?

Its about saving people's time.

WGT has nothing to do with what i am saying here.

WGT do have putting helper to speed up game in coin games.

IN Stroke play we all calculate based on fractions. Either multiple using calculator or brain.

Also each one have their own way to find the distance.

Its like lottery ticket. Everyone have their own logic when they pick numbers.

Each putter has its own issues. So each player can make their own constant for up and down.

GOAL is make WGT as comfortable as possible in that it saves people time. More time in the hands of players , more happier. More happier More money they spend.

if game is tedious and do not produce consistency , people will lose interest.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2022 7:52 AM

How can you say WGT has nothing to do with what you ask.  The things you ask for require WGT to make a change to their programming.  How do you think a shortcut on your desktop is going to get there, It;s just gonna magically appear?

In one of your asking posts you wanted WGT to contact you when it was implemented.  Do you really think they're are going to do that?

Your posts are not at offering suggestions, but things you want changed.  Plus you post them all over the forums.  Seems to be all to make life easier for you and others.  You stated to save time,  I am sorry to inform you but the game of golf is not a time saving experience.  There is no such thing as Speed Golf.

You seem to want shortcuts to everything and want the game to be consistent.  Sounds like a gamer to me.  Golf if real life is not consistent, there are good days and bad days when hitting the ball.  Next thing that you might be thinking, is to turn on God mode for your game play.

I game and am a golfer and I know the game of golf(unless you are real good), your game will not be consistent.

Saving time huh.  Sounds like you are of the generation that won't eat cereal for breakfast as you don't have time to wash the bowl.

It makes be wonder how many participation trophies you have at home?  Thinking feeling entitled much?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2022 4:48 AM

garyk49:

I am sorry to inform you but the game of golf is not a time saving experience.  There is no such thing as Speed Golf.

Gary…hmmmmm 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xefV9kDz_eA

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2022 11:25 AM

pmm711:

garyk49:

I am sorry to inform you but the game of golf is not a time saving experience.  There is no such thing as Speed Golf.

Gary…hmmmmm 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xefV9kDz_eA

OK, I guess there actually is, but it's not something I would ever play, I would be winded halfway or less to my second shot.  I don't use all the time given in a game to make my shot, but not really a fan of fast timed games.

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 6:47 PM

I am programmer. WGT has nothing to do with what i am doing.

Its a poweshell script that runs WGT and AddOn.

It finds WGT window after it appears and find its location.

Let say TOP RIGHT pixel. Then it follows around WGT window

Any time WGT window moves it moves.

Add On needs lots of work and time but if people wants it then it can be done.

Distance how ever accurate wont solve your problem with putting. I mean it can stop your bogey by 95% of the time.

No calculation can fix if there is mound inbetween. It has its own brain of sort.

it can only help in flat mound free putts.

Good putter like Young46 knows the vertical component of putting. They count the dot speed and have their own calculation. This is the complex part that only pro knows.

i do that part but just gut instinct.  99% does that way. 1% has fast brain that they can calculate the vertical vector.

if Putting green in WGT has same spot mulligen , people figure out breaks.

In real life people putt by spot. you get the spot at right speed slope will get the ball to hole.

ben crenshaw school of putting is Line is an curve.

RSS