Help › Forums

Still the HTML Edit Bug??!!

Sat, Oct 15 2022 1:21 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2022 1:57 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Well, WGT often "works in mysterious ways", hopefully all these decisions, bugs and glitches seemingly annoying now will do good to us all some day.

You might be right there Simon, I did actually learn something new about div elements on YouTube today because of this conversation. I won't go into detail because it's not of any interest to most, but it helped me to understand something that made no sense before. ; )

⇩ EDIT : Yes, Steve is very knowledgeable an a lot of what he says goes way over my head, but I pick up the odd tidbit here and there. Funny thing is, sometimes it appears as though he is recording in a doghouse!? Because in the background is what sounds like a large dog lapping up copious amounts of water. Either that or he has a very odd sounding washing machine nearby, haha!  ; ) ⇩

⇩ EDIT 2 : Yes, he could well be in a wash house. If it is the quietest room on the plot, why not!
    My hearing is not particularly great for a sexagenarian, but I wear headphones while on the PC so I guess that helps to pick up the more subtle sounds in the background on videos.  : ) ⇩

⇩ EDIT 3 : Oh, I am such a silly billy. I have watched a lot of Steve's videos over the past years and this is one of those that has no background noise for added entertainment! What I meant earlier is that on some of his videos there is noise in the background, but not this one. Sorry Simon. ⇩

⇩ EDIT 4 : I'll have to listen to the whole video again to check for the draining water sound. Well, listened again but couldn't hear any water sounds, but that doesn't mean there isn't any as I am a bit deaf.
    'Gaslighted' you, now that's an expression I've never heard before, cool! ⇩

⇩ EDIT 5 : Oh, I realised that. I think it would sound funny in any context. ; ) ⇩

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2022 2:42 PM

Very interesting & helpful indeed! :) I love the way Steve explains, too.

That being said, now that even the DevTools got involved, it starts looking like a case of the tail wagging the dog. LOL Nah, I won't go that deep into it either, Scott. Thanks for the video, though. :) Cheers.

↑↑ EDIT : LOL Maybe he's made his YouTube workstation out of a den where he has a washing machine in. You have a really keen sense of hearing, Scott! ↑↑

↑↑ EDIT 2 : Oh, I see. I watched the video on my phone and hardly noticed any background noise until you mentioned it to be honest. Thought I might also need to get my ears tested after eyes. LOL 😆↑↑

↑↑ EDIT 3 : LMAO Actually, it's good news meaning my hearing is (still) okay. But I think you can hear sporadically some tiny tiny noise towards the end of video that sounds more like draining water to me. I dunno, maybe I'm imagining it since you said so. OMG! I wouldn't know even if you gaslighted me. Now I'm believing whatever you say!!! ARGH!!! LOL ↑↑

↑↑ EDIT 4 : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting | It was a joke when I said it to you, of course.↑↑

↓↓ EDIT 5 : I'm sorry, Paul, I don't quite follow you. Why again am I using the HTML editor?? Do I have a choice?? ↓↓

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2022 8:23 PM

LOL :-)

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2022 1:14 PM

Simon, how do you access your arrows. From your profile page?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2022 4:43 PM

The arrows I used above (↑↓) were typed (chosen rather) from my smartphone keyboards. Then I thought the ones you used (⇩ ⇧) were cool so I saved them on my profile page along with a whole bunch of other characters for later. ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2022 1:52 AM

Oh, that's interesting. I don't see any arrows like that on my smartphone keyboard. Would that be because I'm on Android 10, or because of a setting somewhere?

Back on the PC, you probably remember me mentioning the clipboard history shortcut, Windows key + v. Well, you can access other stuff from that window such as emoticons and symbols by clicking the icons along the top of the window....

With the symbols, the ones you used most recently should appear at the top for easy access.

⇩ EDIT : You're welcome Simon.  ; ) ⇩

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2022 12:57 PM

Thanks again, Scott. Always with full of interesting & useful stuff. 😄👍👍

• PAGES
RSS