Forums

Help › Forums

Still the HTML Edit Bug??!!

Sat, Oct 15 2022 1:21 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2022 1:30 PM

Well, I believed the HTML edit bug was fixed but apparently, it isn't the case.

I was writing, editing and deleting posts in my CC forums earlier today and the HTML editor just wouldn't let me change it the way I wanted!

Actually, it changes & displays alright up to the point when you edit it on the HTML editor window, but once you hit the POST button, the final outcome isn't what you edited, text colours & formats all gone!

Here's what it looks like...

Am I supposed to find a workaround (again) for the bug? I thought it'd probably been asked before so I searched it in the forums, but surprisingly!... couldn't find any relevant postings on this. :(

Now WGT... with all due respect... this is a typical example of what you really need to repair. As mentioned above, I thought it was fixed but it's still here and has been with us what?... for over 3-4 years now?! Come on, this is absolutely unacceptable on a professional level! I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks.

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2022 1:39 PM

I don't believe it's a bug Simon, I could be wrong though. I think WGT don't want us manipulating HTML elements how we might like to.

Are you using BB Code in the message editor or editing the HTML directly?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2022 1:54 PM

Is that so, Scott? What I want to "manipulate" is... mostly changing text colours and yet WGT wouldn't allow that much, huh? Well...

I use a free online HTML editor, type, edit my texts there, then copy & paste the texts converted into HTML format in the WGT HTML window.

↓↓ EDIT : Thanks, Scott and you know what? Now I remember you once explained the BB code before. I don't know why but... I just don't like it. Can you also show me how to dabble in there like you do? ;) ↓↓

↓↓ EDIT 2 : Of course, Scott. No need to rush for this, absolutely not. Tell me whenever you can. Cheers. ↓↓

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2022 2:18 PM

I think probably the easiest way to change text colour and size these days is to use BB Code in the message editor, and forget about the HTML editor. Unless you like dabbling in there like I do.  : )

⇧ EDIT : Have to be tomorrow now Simon, too late to be clattering on a keyboard, lol. ⇧

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2022 3:35 AM

Okay Simon, the only element we can style these days, as far as I'm aware, is the div.

So if you want to change the colour of some text within an unordered list this is what you need to have in the HTML editor...

<ul>
    <li><div style="display: inline; color: red;">one</div> two</li>
    </ul> 

...and you should get this...

• one
      two

The reason for the 'display: inline' is so the red text remains on the same line as the rest of the text in that list item.

• Tekomax
    56 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2022 5:29 AM
    ~ It`s always good to learn something new.
       Thank you Scott
  • ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2022 8:07 AM

Thanks Tekomax. Good to see it working for someone else too.  : )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2022 8:25 AM

Aha, I see. Cool! Many thanks to you bro as always! 👍

I really don't understand why WGT likes to complicate things, though. If the HTML source editor was left intact as it'd been before, we wouldn't have needed all this workaround in the first place, would we? I truly don't get it.

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2022 9:06 AM

You're welcome Simon.

I don't understand it either. When the styling ability was removed from most of the HTML elements, WGT didn't respond, as far as I remember, to any post from members as to why this had occurred, that's why I believe it was a concious decision on WGT's part and not a bug.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2022 11:53 AM

ScottHope:
    When the styling ability was removed from most of the HTML elements, WGT didn't respond, as far as I remember, to any post from members as to why this had occurred, that's why I believe it was a concious decision on WGT's part and not a bug.

I think you're right, Scott.

Well, WGT often "works in mysterious ways", hopefully all these decisions, bugs and glitches seemingly annoying now will do good to us all some day.

• PAGES
RSS