Forums

Help › Forums

Staying Logged In

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 9 2022 7:40 AM (9 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2022 9:52 AM

For some reason game keeps logging me out between the Forum and other game pages . Even though I check the Remember Me box it never works .Looks like another WGT update break again . This is happening on the PC platform and I have also noticed that since the last updates the game loads slower and is sluggish on the mobile platform as well .

There is nothing wrong with my phone its only a few months old and a 5G carrier service as well . I dont expect WGT to fix this since they cant fix anything else this was just a heads up notice to make them aware of a few problems .

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2022 10:31 AM

That's one weird bug, Lonnie...

Why don't you log out, clear all caches in the browser, restart your device and log in again? It might do the trick, you know...

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2022 11:31 AM

"I don't expect WGT to fix this since they cant fix anything else"

Not sure about this one, Lonnie. If there was ever a glitch with being able to purchase from the pro shop, it would probably be repaired poste haste...lol

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2022 11:31 AM

lonniescott711:

For some reason game keeps logging me out between the Forum and other game pages . Even though I check the Remember Me box it never works .Looks like another WGT update break again . This is happening on the PC platform and I have also noticed that since the last updates the game loads slower and is sluggish on the mobile platform as well .

There is nothing wrong with my phone its only a few months old and a 5G carrier service as well . I dont expect WGT to fix this since they cant fix anything else this was just a heads up notice to make them aware of a few problems .

I know this might sound iffy but I used to have that problem and I switched browsers and it went away, I just don't remember which browser it was that I was using when this was happening, It may have been Firefox. I am staying logged in now with both Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Those 2 are the only browsers that I have installed now. A far cry from the 7 or 8 that I had when WGT was still flash based

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2022 11:50 AM

ct690911:
    If there was ever a glitch with being able to purchase from the pro shop, it would probably be repaired poste haste...lol

LOL No doubt about it!

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2022 1:09 PM

Forgive my lack of understanding Lonnie, but are you saying that playing the game logs you out of WGT.com?

So if you don't play the game, you stay logged in at WGT.com, even when you close and re-open your browser or re-start your PC. Have I got that right?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 4:12 AM

ScottHope:

Forgive my lack of understanding Lonnie, but are you saying that playing the game logs you out of WGT.com?

So if you don't play the game, you stay logged in at WGT.com, even when you close and re-open your browser or re-start your PC. Have I got that right?

No what happens is , is that after I leave either the forums or the credit offers section of the game . The game logs me out even though I check the remember box . So every time I want to navigate through the game I have to log back in again .

Nowas for playing I have no problem with game access that part works fine . 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 4:50 AM

Okay, let me first say that the game and WGT.com are not connected. If you log out of the game, it should not log you out of WGT.com and vice versa.

There is a cookie value for the WGT game in your computers registry. The easiest way to reset that cookie is to remove the WGT registry key completely. You can do that by following the instructions for removing it here.

It doesn't do any harm to remove this WGT key Lonnie, as when the game is relaunched it just replaces it. I'm not guaranteeing a cure, but you never know, it might just work.

Removed post as it was irrelevant.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 7:15 AM

FWIW. I play mobile (iPad) and experience something similar at times. Sounds strange, but what I have found that usually works is to logon to WGT, tick “Remember Me” box then go to my account. I will be required to logon again, but from that point forward it keeps me logged in.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 7:40 AM

The only thing I can add about having to log in every time on the PC site (Forums ect) is to make sure your browser isn't auto deleting cookies or site data on exit or auto deleting your web history as I know with my browser (Firefox) if this happens it deletes your login info and you will need to login again.      

RSS