Forums

Help › Forums

Time for a real tourney.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 28 2022 11:54 AM (5 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:49 PM

Join a club and set that  type of tournament for the club members and there's your real tournament. Cheers

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 4:59 PM

callaghan159:

Join a club and set that  type of tournament for the club members and there's your real tournament. Cheers

And, as luck would have it, callaghan's club is recruiting new members 🙂

Fist2k8:
    If they really wanted to give all player a fair chance of winning a tourney they would put up a brand new course no one had played before. Each player gets one chance. No slow meter balls and everyone gets the same set of clubs.

If you do join a club (like Brian's) and set up a tournament, I'd suggest setting one up using the Set of the Week.  That way everyone is playing with the same set of clubs.  You can also set it up to be single-play.  Unfortunately, it won't be on a brand new course, and you can't control what ball people use when they play your tournament.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 2:01 AM

Fist2k8:
    I would bet my life no one but no one in 25mps winds and proper fast greens would break 61 the current woirld record at St Andrews.

What does it matter??!!  
    Even if your scenario resulted in the WGT “elite” players scores going from 50 to 65, what do you think is going to happen to your current scores of 70+? They’re going to be 90+!!!
    Scores from one level of player skills to the next are all relative so what does having higher scores across the board accomplish?

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 6:32 AM

MarchieB:

Fist2k8:
    I would bet my life no one but no one in 25mps winds and proper fast greens would break 61 the current woirld record at St Andrews.

What does it matter??!!  
    Even if your scenario resulted in the WGT “elite” players scores going from 50 to 65, what do you think is going to happen to your current scores of 70+? They’re going to be 90+!!!
    Scores from one level of player skills to the next are all relative so what does having higher scores across the board accomplish?

+1000....Its pretty goofy

RSS