Help › Forums

Showdown error

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 25 2022 8:53 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 9:57 AM

AlaskanDame your 100% correct, I have played numerous players and during chat they said there not playing showdown, just playing the room.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 10:07 AM

AlaskanDame:

callaghan159:

Why sign up if you are going to forfeit or quit. 

I don’t think every opponent seen by a Showdown entrant is also a Showdown entrant —- just another person in that coin room at the same time.

this.

you're just playing against random other people in that coin room. makes no difference whether or not they are playing in the showdown.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 3:44 AM

HamdenPro:

MioKontic:
    After 3+ years you'd think they might have given up on fixing it

You are assuming that they tried, or are trying, to fix it, and then gave up.

Consider the possibility that they have not tried to fix it.

I seem to recall the "official" line was that they could not fix it because it was difficult to duplicate. I would imagine it would not be difficult to duplicate at all. Just have 2 people continue to play coin matches against each other, each time someone forfeits, other times, they simply close their game app without exiting game. You would think, at some point, it would be duplicated.

As long as people play coin rooms, and showdowns, without any fix, there really is no priority to fix it - IMO.

A glitch that results in loss of revenue would certainly have top priority; this is not one of them.

Yep, agree with you, it wouldn't be difficult to at least attempt to replicate, and also agree that at some point they would get the error.  Now that they have Discord they could even have a few players on Discord with them and coordinate a few scenarios where it is known to happen.

Regarding everyone boycotting showdowns, that's never going to happen unfortunately.

• beerstine
    666 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 3:49 AM

I had two forfeits, one before the first shot,  but fortunately didn't suffer the bogey bug.  Got lucky.

If it has to be head to head, players should only enter a game off of a dedicated Showdown link, then be matched only with other Showdown players.  There has to be some way of identifying who is and isn't playing the tourney before the game begins.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 8:53 AM

beerstine:

I had two forfeits, one before the first shot,  but fortunately didn't suffer the bogey bug.  Got lucky.

If it has to be head to head, players should only enter a game off of a dedicated Showdown link, then be matched only with other Showdown players.  There has to be some way of identifying who is and isn't playing the tourney before the game begins.

You can't do that, it would take forever for some to get matched, particularly towards the end of a round.  And some may not get matched at all.  The best way, as I and many others have said a trillion times, is to make it single player.  It doesn't need to be against anyone, and it doesn't even need to be in a coin room!

• PAGES
RSS