Help › Forums

Showdown error

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 25 2022 8:53 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Smittyc21
    66 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 12:19 PM

The person I was matched up with forfeited prior to taking a swing.  It kicked me out and gave me 3 bogies without ever taking a swing.  I’ve sent in two tickets but don’t have 48h to wait on it to be fixed.  Please help.  
    Smittyc21 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 3:57 PM

Click on the following link for a little background to your issue...

3 Bogeys during Showdowns

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 7:02 PM

Smittyc21:
    The person I was matched up with forfeited prior to taking a swing.  It kicked me out and gave me 3 bogies without ever taking a swing

Same thing just happened to me. I was on my last 3 holes and the other player forfeited. I did as many have; I closed the game window (shut down without using exit game or cancel). I then rebooted game and it brought me to the normal main menu. When I went back to the showdown, it put me back in the beginning of the last round I had started. I had new opponent and played the same holes again (basically, I got a redo).

Next time, close the game and reload it. This usually works.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 2:20 AM

HamdenPro:

Smittyc21:
    The person I was matched up with forfeited prior to taking a swing.  It kicked me out and gave me 3 bogies without ever taking a swing

Same thing just happened to me. I was on my last 3 holes and the other player forfeited. I did as many have; I closed the game window (shut down without using exit game or cancel). I then rebooted game and it brought me to the normal main menu. When I went back to the showdown, it put me back in the beginning of the last round I had started. I had new opponent and played the same holes again (basically, I got a redo).

This also works in the normal non showdown coin rooms if you are left with the circle spinning , but be sure to not wait more than 45 or 90 seconds depending on if a timeout has already occurred or not . 

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:04 AM

HamdenPro:

Smittyc21:

Unfortunately it doesn't work in all situations, sometimes you still get the 3 bogeys rather than playing the holes again.

The easiest way for WGT to fix this is to make it single player only.  There is absolutely no need to be playing against anyone since the score against them doesn't matter one iota.  Unfortunately, despite many people having told them to make it single player, they choose to ignore the advice and let the con continue.  After 3+ years you'd think they might have given up on fixing it and just do the sensible thing, particularly as they can't even replicate the problem!

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 5:20 AM

MioKontic:
    Unfortunately it doesn't work in all situations, sometimes you still get the 3 bogeys rather than playing the holes again.

+1000!!

MioKontic:
    The easiest way for WGT to fix this is to make it single player only.  There is absolutely no need to be playing against anyone since the score against them doesn't matter one iota.  Unfortunately, despite many people having told them to make it single player, they choose to ignore the advice and let the con continue.  After 3+ years you'd think they might have given up on fixing it and just do the sensible thing, particularly as they can't even replicate the problem!

It's like beating a dead horse ...This suggestion is one WGT it just not interested in.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 5:33 AM

4 of my first 5 opponets were......1 quitter and 3 forfeits.   Why sign up if you are going to forfeit or quit. One of my opponents was a TM . He had 3 heart beat shot and 3 birds all with the rock ball. Players are getting better at this game.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:50 PM

MioKontic:
    After 3+ years you'd think they might have given up on fixing it

You are assuming that they tried, or are trying, to fix it, and then gave up.

Consider the possibility that they have not tried to fix it.

I seem to recall the "official" line was that they could not fix it because it was difficult to duplicate. I would imagine it would not be difficult to duplicate at all. Just have 2 people continue to play coin matches against each other, each time someone forfeits, other times, they simply close their game app without exiting game. You would think, at some point, it would be duplicated.

As long as people play coin rooms, and showdowns, without any fix, there really is no priority to fix it - IMO.

A glitch that results in loss of revenue would certainly have top priority; this is not one of them.

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 7:02 PM

^^+100

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 9:37 AM

callaghan159:

Why sign up if you are going to forfeit or quit. 

I don’t think every opponent seen by a Showdown entrant is also a Showdown entrant —- just another person in that coin room at the same time.

• PAGES
RSS