Forums

Help › Forums

News: Free Credit Videos Temporarily Disabled

Mon, Sep 26 2022 2:56 PM (28 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 10:23 AM

duggles1942:
    If you have WGT installed on a PC, when you click on free credits, it opens a web browser where you can access credit videos.

Thanks for the info, Doug. It must be the same link as this.

https://www.wgt.com/user/offers_videos.aspx

The thing is I get nothing but true[X] there, and it's been like this for more than 5 years at least.

Are the PC free videos only for folks living in the States? Isn't this game called World Golf Tour, not American Golf Tour? :-/

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 10:52 AM

Lesthanpar:
    Any estimate of when this issue may be corrected? Surveys are still good and paying anyway.

Dodgyputter posted the following in a different thread, quoting WGTChampion's recent post on discord.(I believe Unity runs the ads on WGT credit videos)

From Discord on the ad's

"WGTChampion — Today at 14:11

to clarify: we were working on upgrading the Unity Ads SDK anyway. The going expectation is that the new SDK would fix the problem. However, we're continuing to be cautious since we're not having the same issues in dev and testing environments. And whenever that happens it adds alot of extra skepticism.

[14:11]

The best answer I have is  client release next week "

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 11:08 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

duggles1942:
    If you have WGT installed on a PC, when you click on free credits, it opens a web browser where you can access credit videos.

Thanks for the info, Doug. It must be the same link as this.

The thing is I get nothing but true[X] there, and it's been like this for more than 5 years at least.

Are the PC free videos only for folks living in the States? Isn't this game called World Golf Tour, not American Golf Tour? :-/

No . I too havent had any video offers on the PC version ever since they started the mobile version of the game . I had to rely on the surveys until I purchased a tablet a  few years back . So not sure what free credits they are getting because there are no videos to be viewed on the PC version absolutely none . 

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 12:40 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Are the PC free videos only for folks living in the States?

I'm in the USA and all I've ever gotten was true[X] there as well.  No videos.  Some people have reported that they've gotten videos there, though.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:07 PM

lonniescott711:
    No . I too havent had any video offers on the PC version ever since they started the mobile version of the game . I had to rely on the surveys until I purchased a tablet a  few years back . So not sure what free credits they are getting because there are no videos to be viewed on the PC version absolutely none . 

SamSpayed:
    I'm in the USA and all I've ever gotten was true[X] there as well.  No videos.  Some people have reported that they've gotten videos there, though.

I see. Thanks for confirming it, guys.

Then... who are these "selected" people allegedly getting the PC videos? It's somewhat dubious, especially when one of the beneficiaries has refused to provide more detailed information on it by saying...

CaptRon48:
    Whats the old saying? Discretion is better part of valor? Think ill decline to answer that.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:14 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Dunno about other places but they are not available for my country.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:33 PM

I'm sure I've seen something in the forum a while back where one of the mods said it was only available in some states, i.e. in the USA only, not to everyone on WGT, and not even all states.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:38 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    who are these "selected" people allegedly getting the PC videos?

Just a guesstimate on my part but maybe they are using Nox or Bluestacks on their PC. That "X"  for the videos hasn't worked since I started playing this game,.... I think....... Lol. Cheers

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:43 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Dunno about other places but they are not available for my country.

Not available for where I live, either. 😕

MioKontic:
    I'm sure I've seen something in the forum a while back where one of the mods said it was only available in some states, i.e. in the USA only, not to everyone on WGT, and not even all states.

Is that so? I don't remember reading any of these. Thanks, Mio.

callaghan159:
    Just a guesstimate on my part but maybe they are using Nox or Bluestacks on their PC. That "X" for the videos hasn't worked since I started playing this game,.... I think....... Lol. Cheers

Maybe... IIRC there were times PC videos briefly worked back in 2016. I was able to amass about 100 credits a day out of them although it didn't last long. Cheers, bro.

• duggles1942
    530 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 6:12 AM

lonniescott711:
    Are the PC free videos only for folks living in the States?

having read a few responses, I apologize for my assumptions.... I did learn a while back that PC free credit ads are localized in terms of what ads you get, and whether you get them at all depending on where you are located. I guess it's much more localized and limited than I imagined.

Sorry for being one of the lucky ones, but like all things WGT, "results are varied and subject to change for no reason" so I don't assume that I will always be able to get them.

Cheers!

~Doug

RSS