Forums

Help › Forums

Tiebreak Procedure

Fri, Jan 14 2022 10:43 AM (38 replies)
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 12:20 PM

Something that has been bothering me again lately this month with the bethpage back 9 500 credit RG.  Typically this tourney is won with a 26 for a score, 9 birdies since there is no legitimate eagle opportunity with almost all very long approach shots.  So that means if someone else has already posted a 26 you have virtually zero chance of winning the tournament due to the fact that they were first to submit a score.   It is rather annoying to know that on the first tee that no matter how well you play, you cannot win.

I say make the final tiebreak something that is determined by skill, say longest putt holed.  Or simply just giving both players the diamond trophy and an equal amount of credits if the scorecard is identical.

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 1:13 PM

I agree completely Sam. If I go out and play in a 1 day tournament and shoot a 66 that ties the current leader, the officials don't come up to me and say, "we're sorry, you had a great round, but the other guy had an earlier tee time so he wins"

• sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 3:57 PM

I am congruent with your triangle.  And since congruent parts of congruent triangles are congruent, that means I agree completely.  I hope that WGT can make this happen or come up with some other system that is fair. 

I understand the need for the tie break system as we cant arrange a playoff, but if there are two identical scores then there is no way the first posted should get the win.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 7:06 PM

With the new high stakes Ready goes now. 

Using the 2k as example.

1st place 12000c

2nd 8000c

2 players tied for the win  there is a big difference in credits for the same score as the winner 4000c. like 10000c each for two player tie that would be fair to the two players involved in the tie. 

There was a  2k ready go a little while on Back 9 CCC 8 players where tied for first place winner got 12000c & the rest of the players got 4000 something like that for the same score as the winner.If 1st place was split with the rest of the scores a better return more even.

In the larger 500 , 1000 , 2000c ready goes need to come up with a different system for count backs for 1st place tied scores like splitting the 1st place prize pool.

The current system is ok for 100c as there is only 200c difference between 1st place & 2nd place but the 2k there is 4000c difference ? 

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 7:15 PM

You missed my point sun.  I am totally cool with the tiebreak being decided by who finished better down the stretch, say you par 1, then birdie the last 8 and I birdie first 8 and par 9, you win.   But when both players have absolutely identical scorecards, 9 birdies for example, that is rather silly to give a huge edge to the person that posted the score first.  

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 7:22 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    But when both players have absolutely identical scorecards, 9 birdies for example, that is rather silly to give a huge edge to the person that posted the score first.  

You are correct there Sam.

Beth back 9 two or three players in form can easily make 9 birds there (identical score) cards.  

• ForrestLeigh
    264 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 12:46 AM

BolloxInBruges:

You missed my point sun.  I am totally cool with the tiebreak being decided by who finished better down the stretch, say you par 1, then birdie the last 8 and I birdie first 8 and par 9, you win.   But when both players have absolutely identical scorecards, 9 birdies for example, that is rather silly to give a huge edge to the person that posted the score first.  

Totally agree - imo if there is no split in scoring on rollback then top prize should be shared

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 2:22 AM

The problem with playing extra holes is that you elite players seem to birdie every thing, so how many  extra holes will it take.

maybe there could be a par 3 nearest to the pin shoot out. 1 hole 1 shot..

only an idea.

• DaneFenton
    162 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 4:04 AM

Agree it bugs me also. Im no star at all and when I manage to make 9 straight birdies and then get beaten because they got in first just isn't right.

RSS