Forums

Help › Forums

Screen resolution changes by itself

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 9 2022 1:16 PM (5 replies)
  • Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 2:59 AM
    I have my video screen resolution set to 1024x768 fullscreen. Several (3-10) times per month my screen changes to a 1920x1080 fullscreen setting by itself. While the higher resolution looks absolutely gorgeous, it also doubles the length of my meter, making it tougher for my poor old eyes to track. It's easy enough to reset; if I go to Settings, it still shows my resolution as 1024x768. If I set to 'Window' and apply, then reset to 'Fullscreen' and apply, I get my 1024x768 screen back. But this can only be done successfully between rounds. If the screen changes during a round, I'm screwed until the round is over. It's really irritating if this happens during a single-play tournament round. This has been occuring for at least the last 6 months. A permanent fix would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 3:08 AM

...and, while I'm here, I had split the above post into 3 paragraphs using the 'Enter' key, yet it posted as one paragraph.  A fix for that would be nice as well.  Thank you

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 3:09 AM

Would this help you out Rob, until WGT fixes it?...

With regards to the paragraph problem, are you using two different devices to post? As your second post contains an HTML paragraph element (notice the margin between the text and the top of the post window) whereas your first post has no paragraph element (notice the lack of margin between the text and the top of the post window).

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 7:33 AM

Hi Scott....first, my condolences to you and your countrymen..she will be missed.

Second, that looks like it may help.  Is that an existing tool or a download? I can't duplicate it.

Third, I am only using one device but, for some reason, the paragraph element doesn't always show...I'll make a note to be patient & make sure it is there.

Many thanks as always Scott.

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 8:30 AM

Thanks Rob, it is very sad, but I think the Queen missed Prince Philip very much, so at least they will be together again.

It is a download, there is a link in the video description but I'll post it here. LINK.
    Instructions :
    Double click the file to run it after downloading.
    If you close the resolution picker and want to re-open it, hit CTRL + r.
    CTRL + x will exit out of the program.

About the paragraphs, does the toolbar above the message editor always show when typing out your posts...

If it doesn't always appear it may be a browser thing. Maybe a different browser or a browser cache clear might sort it.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 1:16 PM

Robbo81303:
    I have my video screen resolution set to 1024x768 fullscreen. Several (3-10) times per month my screen changes to a 1920x1080 fullscreen setting by itself. While the higher resolution looks absolutely gorgeous, it also doubles the length of my meter, making it tougher for my poor old eyes to track. It's easy enough to reset; if I go to Settings, it still shows my resolution as 1024x768. If I set to 'Window' and apply, then reset to 'Fullscreen' and apply, I get my 1024x768 screen back. But this can only be done successfully between rounds. If the screen changes during a round, I'm screwed until the round is over. It's really irritating if this happens during a single-play tournament round. This has been occuring for at least the last 6 months. A permanent fix would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yep, your workaround is correct. Had it couple of times when i was playing 1024 x 768 fullscreen on a 1080 resolution (monitor). From the moment i lowered down monitor's resolution at 800 x 600, is not happening anymore.

RSS