Forums

Help › Forums

Latest showdown

Tue, Nov 1 2022 4:24 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2022 9:21 AM

2nd round, 2nd set of 3 holes, and I'm playing against a dickhead - teretuh - who from the very first hole just kept putting off the green to practice his chipping!

When are WGT going to change this damn format - we don't need to play against dickheads who forfeit or play like prats, it's an indivicual competition, MAKE IT INDIVIDUAL!

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2022 10:20 AM

MioKontic:

2nd round, 2nd set of 3 holes, and I'm playing against a dickhead - teretuh - who from the very first hole just kept putting off the green to practice his chipping!

When are WGT going to change this damn format - we don't need to play against dickheads who forfeit or play like prats, it's an indivicual competition, MAKE IT INDIVIDUAL!

Making it solo play would resolve a ton of issues.  And it would appear to take less development effort than trying to resolve the 3 bogey issue which is also caused by the dickheads you mention.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2022 12:26 PM

pmm711:

Making it solo play would resolve a ton of issues.  And it would appear to take less development effort than trying to resolve the 3 bogey issue which is also caused by the dickheads you mention.

That's far too easy, they would rather waste time trying to sort out a problem that they can't even replicate!  And don't forget, they need to also put in some new bugs!

And just on the subject of new bugs, have they never heard of rollback???  Again, that would be too easy!  Any decent devs would have rolled back the last update just to put the score history back to how it was, which is far more important than any G&A's.

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2022 8:53 PM

MioKontic:

+1 

It should also be tier specific so that the "EXPERT" players stop playing in the veteran & rookie sections!  The last one that I played, the pack was chasing down -21 that was shot by an "EXPERT" amongst the veterans.  The "EXPERT" that I'm referring to has been playing for ages & has amassed over $100,000 in tournament winnings.

I understand that the person has a choice as to what Showdown they can enter due to the way the Showdown is set up by WGT...This doesn't mean that it is fair.

The gun players should be pitted against each other & not be able to enter the lower ranks, after all they are the ones who can afford the 1000 credit entry fee!

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2022 1:51 PM

45 painful minutes to play 9 holes in the last round!  On my own I'd have done it in 10 minutes!

Make this INDIVIDUAL!

• AlaskanDame
    18,873 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2022 9:53 PM

Tiewaz:

MioKontic:

+1 

It should also be tier specific so that the "EXPERT" players stop playing in the veteran & rookie sections!  

The gun players should be pitted against each other & not be able to enter the lower ranks, after all they are the ones who can afford the 1000 credit entry fee!

Until all forfeit/bogey issues are resolved, even those who can afford it probably don’t want to pay 1000 credits.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 3:17 AM

What a joke this showdown was. Stupid winds, more WTF shots than Carters has liver pills, 3 wood goes 315 yrds and driver goes 330 yrds which results in a lost ball.  No wonder I play less and spend $0 on this game. I am no ways near a good player on this game but I am no hack either. Finished this showdown at +2. Good chance of finishing out of the top 100 in my group. Apparel boxes....lol. Received 1 with the apparel I use and got another Maxxed apparel box with no coins recieved for it. I could say more, but why. Thats my rant for today. Lol. Cheers.

• EchoUK
    51 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 12:48 PM

Also why do Tour Champions and champion level players feel the need to play in the lowest bracket level of these showdown tournaments? 

WGT shouldn't allow this they should be only able to participate in the higher level brackets

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 3:59 PM

As far as I can tell there are only 2 divisions in a showdown - Rookie and Expert

I'm playing in my 3rd showdown and was automatically placed in the Rookie division.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 4:19 PM

ColumbusStorm:

As far as I can tell there are only 2 divisions in a showdown - Rookie and Expert

I'm playing in my 3rd showdown and was automatically placed in the Rookie division.

This showdown there was only 2 divisions, but normally there are 3 divisions

• PAGES
RSS