PGA 2k21 & soon to be released PGA2k23

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 16 2023 5:51 AM (22 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2022 5:38 PM

JDGHOST:

IamNicklaus:

Tried it on pc and hated it .  The complexity of the swing mechanics and calibration ( for me) versus the straightforward wgt swing made it an easy ditch.  It could have 2 million courses but if I cant the ball straight it's no good for me .

AND  There it is!! I have a lot of friends that bought into the "Hype" of 2K and ALL have said the way you hit the ball is the downside and they all complain about it

A few play it for sh*ts & giggles but every single one said the same thing   ...apparently you actually 'Slide" your mouse forward and backward to hit the ball? 

Now me.... I have never even used a mouse I play on a laptop using the touchpad ONLY!

I've asked those who play 2k to look into it for me and I guess "Touchpad" wouldn't work for that game anyway so makes my decision to stay with WGT pretty easy.

But I do agree with ridiculous low amount of course options (we just got PGA Nat I'll wager another 18 months minimum before we see another) It's real shame because WGT has SOOO much more potential ....The game is OK but it could be great!! 

You have to use a XBox or Playstation Controller on PC. 

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2022 4:07 AM

DonCaron:

JDGHOST:

IamNicklaus:

Tried it on pc and hated it .  The complexity of the swing mechanics and calibration ( for me) versus the straightforward wgt swing made it an easy ditch.  It could have 2 million courses but if I cant the ball straight it's no good for me .

AND  There it is!! I have a lot of friends that bought into the "Hype" of 2K and ALL have said the way you hit the ball is the downside and they all complain about it

A few play it for sh*ts & giggles but every single one said the same thing   ...apparently you actually 'Slide" your mouse forward and backward to hit the ball? 

Now me.... I have never even used a mouse I play on a laptop using the touchpad ONLY!

I've asked those who play 2k to look into it for me and I guess "Touchpad" wouldn't work for that game anyway so makes my decision to stay with WGT pretty easy.

But I do agree with ridiculous low amount of course options (we just got PGA Nat I'll wager another 18 months minimum before we see another) It's real shame because WGT has SOOO much more potential ....The game is OK but it could be great!! 

You have to use a XBox or Playstation Controller on PC

But the swing mechanics are the same with a controller, i.e you are pulling down and pushing up, yes ?  The concept  seems totally  counter  intuitive

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2022 10:06 AM

Since a real golf shot is so different from virtual shot done on a computer we don’t compare them. The same is true of WGT and PGA Tour 2K21 or 2K23. They are different games and the only comparison is that they are golf games. 

Each have good points as well as not so good. Those points can be debated endlessly with no finality. Some things are just personal preferences. Just try to stay out of the rough.  

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2022 10:57 AM

My favourite .

SEGA Mega Drive Game Cartridge - Golf .

PGA Tour Golf ... (SNES) Gameplay - YouTube

• Rifle57
    71 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 6:31 AM

Just a quick question, if anyone knows. The PGA2k23 has a new 3 click swing option. Can you use a mouse for this or strictly a game controller?

Thanks for any help

Rifle57

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 7:20 AM

This might help but it sounds like a controller is needed.

3-CLICK SWING

Making its debut in the PGA TOUR 2K franchise, the 3-Click swing requires you to hold and release the A/X button (depending on your platform of choice) for power, and tap it twice to line up your swing path and club face angle. It’s as simple as one, two, three.

The presentation differs from the traditional 3-Click swing mechanic you might've seen in past golf games: you’ll see a circular power meter displayed as you take your stance, rather than a horizontal bar. Regardless of whether you’re hitting a normal iron shot, pitching, or chipping, the meter shape won’t change.

To start your shot, hold down the button to the desired power and time your release as it nears the power circle; exceeding the recommended range will result in an overpowered shot or vice versa. After you release, a green dot will start moving counterclockwise at the bottom of the circle, quickly tap the button at the top of the circle to determine your swing path. Tapping the button a second time as it reaches the bottom hash mark will determine an open or closed club face.

At any time, you can change the difficulty settings, but it will tweak the swing speed of the meter—unlike the Analog Stick. Experiment with the Analog Stick and 3-Click swings to find which works best for you in PGA TOUR 2K23.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 5:29 PM

HackWilson1930:

3-CLICK SWING

Making its debut in the PGA TOUR 2K franchise, the 3-Click swing requires you to hold and release the A/X button (depending on your platform of choice) for power, and tap it twice to line up your swing path and club face angle. It’s as simple as one, two, three.

The presentation differs from the traditional 3-Click swing mechanic you might've seen in past golf games: you’ll see a circular power meter displayed as you take your stance, rather than a horizontal bar. Regardless of whether you’re hitting a normal iron shot, pitching, or chipping, the meter shape won’t change.

To start your shot, hold down the button to the desired power and time your release as it nears the power circle; exceeding the recommended range will result in an overpowered shot or vice versa. After you release, a green dot will start moving counterclockwise at the bottom of the circle, quickly tap the button at the top of the circle to determine your swing path. Tapping the button a second time as it reaches the bottom hash mark will determine an open or closed club face.

At any time, you can change the difficulty settings, but it will tweak the swing speed of the meter—unlike the Analog Stick. Experiment with the Analog Stick and 3-Click swings to find which works best for you in PGA TOUR 2K23.

Not at all complicated then 😜....I see you posted about 2k23 in another thread as well , are you on comission ? ..

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2022 3:39 PM

Are you Greg Norman?

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2022 3:41 PM

You guys are so desperate you have to spam another game. Pathetic.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2022 2:40 PM

HackWilson1930:

3-CLICK SWING

It uses a Mouse just like the old games

RSS