Forums

Help › Forums

Showdowns Still 3 Bogey Issue

Sat, Aug 27 2022 12:51 PM (25 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 8:19 AM

This is why I won't play above Rookie Division until this gets addressed...game froze...opponent tried to reboot...said loading to 100%...then "Game No Longer Exists Popup"...RESULT:  Doubt I make it to the final round...

Truly no reason for this.  These things need to be addressed before new add-ons like G&As.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 9:57 AM

pmm711:

This is why I won't play above Rookie Division until this gets addressed...game froze...opponent tried to reboot...said loading to 100%...then "Game No Longer Exists Popup"...RESULT:  Doubt I make it to the final round...

Truly no reason for this.  These things need to be addressed before new add-ons like G&As.

Agree totally about this needing fixing , it’s been like it since the start . It’s not good enough 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 11:55 AM

pmm711:

Exactly! I third this.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 3:26 PM

I got the less annoying one; opponent quit and I had to play that set again. Still I agree, the bugs on this should be the priority.

Paul I'd say this is the sort of thing that makes griping necessary.  They will be concentrating on G & A and the cash it's bringing in. Probably with the justification "these bugs have been around ages, a bit longer won't matter".  All the more so if nobody is mentioning them as apparently they're "largely fixed" and, as we're still playing, they're not costing.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 5:42 PM

Nico - can you please confirm you have seen this thread, and what WGT are doing about the problem?  I think I've read previously that WGT haven't been able to replicate it, but surely the developers must have some idea given what people have written over and over again!

Also, the scenario DodgyPutter mentioned where holes are replayed, I've also had that since the supposed fix a few months ago, so was that the fix WGT came up with as I don't ever remember that happening before the fix.  If it is, then it is extremely unfair because the player might have had a good score first time around, then a poor one second time (as happened to me).  Conversely, someone who played the holes poorly first time around gets a second bite at the cherry.  Surely the score for each hole is saved somewhere and can be put in and the remaining holes finished?  Being an ex-programmer, that to me doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do, it's simple data saving and retrieval.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 6:45 PM

One of my Tour Champions had the screen freeze after his opponent OOB’d his first drive.  He could not get unfrozen in time for the game to refresh.  I thought the “fix” was that a timer would keep running and the game would refresh when 45 seconds passed.  Apparently that’s not uniformly happening.  My guy certainly is not liking the three bogeys he was assessed.  Probably won’t play again, even in rookie.  He uses Very Expensive balls.  So there is definitely money being lost on lack of fix.

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 6:03 AM

DodgyPutter:

I got the less annoying one; opponent quit and I had to play that set again. Still I agree, the bugs on this should be the priority.

Same here, except I was -2, and putting for Eagle on the set of 3 before the player quit.  Still take that over 3 bogeys.

• pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 8:05 AM

JDGHOST:

Over 2 years of this????

NUFF SAID!!

^^^^  THAT ^^^^

It's insane to still be unsure how a showdown match is going to actually end up.  The 3 bogey issue MUST BE RESOLVED.  How difficult can it be?

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 12:26 PM

and they are still awarding max out apparel as prizes

RSS