Forums

Help › Forums

Rejoined After 2 Years Off of WGT - Some Questions

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 20 2022 10:40 PM (4 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 11:38 AM

Thanks to everyone who has answered questions for me as I continue to readjust to WGT after having taken 2+ years away from the game.

FIRST  QUESTION:  I could swear something changed overnight between yesterday (Aug 17) and this morning (Aug 18).  The way that my screen "presents" has a couple of changes....the most notable is - I could swear that the "mini-map" of each golf hole in the lower left corner is suddenly smaller today than it was yesterday.

ALSO - my meter on my Yellow Titleist ball (L 89+) suddenly is faster today than yesterday.  Why would this have happened?  Same ball. 

Not to confuse things - but I am still adjusting to the "Apparel  bonuses" - might one of those have MAXed out or expired? I forget if any of those slow the meter.   (apparel bonus powers are new to me so I am not sure how long an "enhanced ability"lasts?  I'm just not sure how to know what changed with my meter speed.

ONE MORE - One of my "Goals" for today is to "Play 2 coin room games with an active sponsor."  I activated a sponsor (this morning) and played 2 "coin games" (1 Paris 100 coin entry fee and 1 Chelsea 500 coin  entry fee) within the 30 minutes that the sponsorship was supposedly activated - yet I did not seem to get "credit" towards today's "Goal" - it is still showing 0/2 on the Goals listing. (NOTE: Other goals function correctly).  The same thing actually occurred on Wednesday and I thought I was doing something wrong - but now I don't think so.  Is there a glitch with this or is there something I am overlooking?

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone knows some answers to this stuff.

Best Regards, AtlantaCoaster (who actually lives in Easton, PA)

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 12:05 PM

AtlantaCoaster:

Thanks to everyone who has answered questions for me as I continue to readjust to WGT after having taken 2+ years away from the game.

FIRST  QUESTION:  I could swear something changed overnight between yesterday (Aug 17) and this morning (Aug 18).  The way that my screen "presents" has a couple of changes....the most notable is - I could swear that the "mini-map" of each golf hole in the lower left corner is suddenly smaller today than it was yesterday.

ALSO - my meter on my Yellow Titleist ball (L 89+) suddenly is faster today than yesterday.  Why would this have happened?  Same ball. 

Not to confuse things - but I am still adjusting to the "Apparel  bonuses" - might one of those have MAXed out or expired? I forget if any of those slow the meter.   (apparel bonus powers are new to me so I am not sure how long an "enhanced ability"lasts?  I'm just not sure how to know what changed with my meter speed.

ONE MORE - One of my "Goals" for today is to "Play 2 coin room games with an active sponsor."  I activated a sponsor (this morning) and played 2 "coin games" (1 Paris 100 coin entry fee and 1 Chelsea 500 coin  entry fee) within the 30 minutes that the sponsorship was supposedly activated - yet I did not seem to get "credit" towards today's "Goal" - it is still showing 0/2 on the Goals listing. (NOTE: Other goals function correctly).  The same thing actually occurred on Wednesday and I thought I was doing something wrong - but now I don't think so.  Is there a glitch with this or is there something I am overlooking?

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone knows some answers to this stuff.

Best Regards, AtlantaCoaster (who actually lives in Easton, PA)

So, Im not sure on mini map- I don't think mine changed but its possible I guess if were talking small change? and Same for meter speed- its probably more a function of not being same distance from screen or angle being different.

Apparel bonus does not expire and it sounds like that goal has a glitch that you must win the games and Tie breakers dont count.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 5:19 AM

Thanks, PureGro....

So early this morning I "tested" out the coin games.  I activated a sponsor and then I played 2 coin games - the same ones as yesterday - 1 Paris 100 coin entry fee and 1 Chelsea 500 coin  entry fee - and I completed the 2 of them within 30 minutes.  I won both of them outright, without going to a tiebreaker. 

WGT counted both of them towards the goal that says: "Play 2 coin room games with an active sponsor."   So it appears that the theory you suggested is correct.  :-)   This goal has a wording problem.  More accurately, the Goal should be "WIN 2 coin games in regulation - without a tiebreaker - and with a sponsorship activated."

So I think that resolves that one...but then a different can of worms opened.  A new goal today says "Play 4 holes in coin games".  Well wait a minute - the two games I listed above are 4 holes - Paris is 3 holes and Chelsea is 1 hole.  I thought that met the goal - but this is another one with a wording problem.... I then went and played a Beverly Hills round (9 holes with a green fee of 4,500 coins) - I was thinking that maybe the 4 holes needed to be all in 1 game.  Well I played that round - and I won it - and the Goal shows a progress of 3/4 - so I am not shure how exactly WGT is counting 4 holes towards that one.

I will learn to be flexible with "interpreting" what some of these goals are saying.

Thanks for your reply on the mini-map and the meter.  I'm able to play just fine, but something did seem to change 2 nights ago...but for now, that's all.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 5:53 AM

Your welcome bud, The goals and achievements have been littered with small bugs like this- there is an update coming that "Might" fix this stuff.

I have and would venture to say everyone has said at one time or another that the meter seems off from last play- I always tend to think it is my eyes or how I am sitting that changes my perception. 

As a Mechanic for years, I found that when someone moved a customers car seat even minutely- they would 90% of the time come back with a complaint about how the car just does not feel right, all due to a couple inches that the seat moved changing their perception slightly.

• RobertBortz440
    7 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 10:40 PM

Hi AtlantaCoaster. Welcome back to the WGT. I tried to quit this game once for "1 month". I made it to  "1 mo....' Stress level rose faster than the Space Shuttle and my patience and overall love of live level nose dived.  Anyway some of the new stuff in the WGT is maddening. I just received 500 credits for scoring my 10th hole in one. YIPPEE. I don't even remember seeing any of them. I do remember getting a hole in one but that was twenty five years ago down in San Diego and not on any video game. The best I've done here is 2 eagles and a 333 yard drive but I only got credit for one eagle cause it was  a ranked round. To earn bonuses in the new Goals and Achievements section try launching your feat attempt right from the page listing it. Try the 10 holes in one though. It's so easy to do you won't even remember doing it. Good luck and welcome home. R.G. Bortz Jr

RSS