rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 19 2022 2:20 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 2:58 PM

HamdenPro:

Cicero733:
    there is no restart button. Drilled down through all available settings and account screens and nada

It is not a WGT option or setting. Apparently, Apple requires the ability for its users to delete the WGT app and restart with a new account.

EDIT: I just searched the Discord "General" chat. This was discussed on 7/21/2022. Apple gave WGT a deadline to implement the ability to totally delete an account, which then enables the user to create a new account. They also said it will come to PC eventually.

I would’ve liked that years ago, I would’ve restarted with a half decent player name,lol.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 3:47 PM

HamdenPro:

To be fair, according to Champ, iirc, the ability to cancel an account, and restart, was an Apple requirement. I also recall that, to make it fair, this ability will be available to Android users in the future.

For the integrity of the game, maybe WGT should dump Apple. Sorry mobile users, but sandbagging is wrong even if allowed.

For the integrity of the game if it's available on apple it should be available everywhere, now.  Letting just one lot of players sandbag is worse.  That said,  I do like the dump apple idea.

ps Damn, didn't even look for how many.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 10:15 PM

Imahacker58:

HamdenPro:

Cicero733:
    there is no restart button. Drilled down through all available settings and account screens and nada

It is not a WGT option or setting. Apparently, Apple requires the ability for its users to delete the WGT app and restart with a new account.

EDIT: I just searched the Discord "General" chat. This was discussed on 7/21/2022. Apple gave WGT a deadline to implement the ability to totally delete an account, which then enables the user to create a new account. They also said it will come to PC eventually.

I would’ve liked that years ago, I would’ve restarted with a half decent player name,lol.

We should be able to change our names.  Other apps let you for small fees.  I still don’t see why they think this would be a bad idea.  500 credits…new screen name.  WGT would see an uptick in credit expenditures for sure.

• PAGES
RSS