Putting perspectives

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 24 2022 4:47 PM (23 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 4:03 AM

pmm711:
    2 cents worth.

I would give my 2 cents worth but I need to know if that would be Canadian 2 cents or the American 2 cents. Oh wait, my bad........us Canadian dont have the availability to use pennies anymore. Cheers.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 5:58 AM

callaghan159:

pmm711:
    2 cents worth.

I would give my 2 cents worth but I need to know if that would be Canadian 2 cents or the American 2 cents. Oh wait, my bad........us Canadian dont have the availability to use pennies anymore. Cheers.

I got married in Canada…doesn’t that make me Canadian…dual citizenship? πŸ˜‚

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 3:12 PM

Isn't the smallest bill issued by the Canadian government $5?

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 3:47 PM

HackWilson1930:

yes....smallest paper, I mean plastic bill is the $5. $1 coin called Loonie and $2 coin called Toonie. Just like Monopoly money. LOL
    Edit...and the plastic bills are such pretty colors.....🀣🀣🀣

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 4:23 PM

callaghan159:

HackWilson1930:

yes....smallest paper, I mean plastic bill is the $5. $1 coin called Loonie and $2 coin called Toonie. Just like Monopoly money. LOL

Wow…I’ve been away from Canada too long.  Thanks for the monetary education. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 5:28 PM

callaghan159:

The $20 note I used to see when I was a kid

The one used by the time I left Canada

The latest  "pretty-colour Monopoly plastic version" I see since my return.

Make sure to check ALL pockets before drying or ironing your clothes. Don't ask why I emphasize this.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 1:34 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Make sure to check ALL pockets before drying or ironing your clothes. Don't ask why I emphasize this.

SimonTheBeetle:
    "pretty-colour Monopoly plastic version"

LOL....have heard some stories of people not checking ther pockets before doing laundry. I would assume that their bank would of exchanged the damaged bills for a new one as long as the serial number was readable.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 1:48 AM

Damn money launderers!  πŸ˜„

⇩ EDIT : Cheers Paul, Simon  ; ) ⇩

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 2:12 AM

callaghan159:

SimonTheBeetle:

SimonTheBeetle:
    "pretty-colour Monopoly plastic version"

LOL....have heard some stories of people not checking ther pockets before doing laundry. I would assume that their bank would of exchanged the damaged bills for a new one as long as the serial number was readable.

Oh no.  All I can think is the PMs from the New Canada Currency project must have moved on to WGT after that successful rollout.  LOL

If I lived in Canada my laundry bill would rise BIGTIME.  We have a rule in our house...the person who does the laundry gets to keep all proceeds. πŸ˜„

ScottHope:

^^ Good one Scott ^^

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 12:18 PM

callaghan159:
    I would assume that their bank would of exchanged the damaged bills for a new one as long as the serial number was readable.

!!! Is this for real, Brian?! I didn't know about this and just threw them away. They were only a couple of $5 bills but still... :( Thanks for the info, though. Good to know!

ScottHope:

Good one indeed! :)

pmm711:
    We have a rule in our house...the person who does the laundry gets to keep all proceeds. πŸ˜„

Same in my house, too. :)

RSS