Help › Forums

Putting perspectives

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 24 2022 4:47 PM (23 replies)
  • hartmutw
    11 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2022 12:23 PM

Hi fellow addicts,

anybody else running in "view" issues lately? I came across several puts showing as 2-3 inches uphill ("red to blue") in the available pre-putt perspectives. After putting, balls ran for another 2 yards as greens appeared to go downhill right after the pin. Alas, the post-put-slope isn't available when preparing for the put.

How are you adressing this issue  - leading to one additional put in many cases?

Best H.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 12:53 AM

2 yds in excess look like you hit the ball quite hard...

Changing to a chip temporarily will give you a broader grid, and more precise as some say. But, all settings will be gone when you return to the putter.

I once learned that there is no "0 inch" elevation, I always account for some uphill addition. Alas, your problem is reversed, no proper idea for that.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 11:00 PM

If you push the target past the hole, it should reveal elevation changes. Better to be long than short, but I agree with alosso, 6 feet is a long way past the hole.

• callaghan159
    6,221 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 4:11 AM

I was once told by one of the better players in this game good putting power is 1 or 2 feet by the hole if ya miss.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 5:41 AM

callaghan159:

I was once told by one of the better players in this game good putting power is 1 or 2 feet by the hole if ya miss.

+1

I was told this keeps the ball on the proper path.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 11:53 AM

There’s a proper path? This I did not know. I always thought there were multiple paths to the promised land; each an amalgam of speed and direction. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 11:58 AM

HackWilson1930:
    I always thought there were multiple paths

yep, at least that is what this example showed...  

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 1:45 PM

Interesting since the 3rd ball he hit went in the hole first. Think that proves that nirvana can be reached in different ways. Each ball entered the kingdom by taking a different path at a different speed. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 1:45 PM

Interesting since the 3rd ball he hit went in the hole first. Think that proves that nirvana can be reached in different ways. Each ball entered the kingdom by taking a different path at a different speed. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 5:41 PM

el3n1:

HackWilson1930:
    I always thought there were multiple paths

yep, at least that is what this example showed...  

Yes...this is RL golf

But Mags told me the game works a bit differently.  Whereas you'd think putt speed might take out the break or a slower speed increase the break...in the game this isn't necessarily the case.

I'd love to see someone attempt the video above in the game...three different putts with varying speeds and lines and show the vids side by side.  That could and would enlighten us as to whether or not the game plays as we would expect.

I'm definitely intrigued about this now.  I hope Mags (or another) pipes in here with his or her 2 cents worth.

RSS