Forums

Help › Forums

Move Shot Tracer

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 1 2022 8:36 AM (7 replies)
  • Mike19781978
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 7:38 AM

Hello, is there anyway to move the shot tracer and it stay where I moved it to?  This would be a nice feature, I would like it moved to the top of my screen and stay there.

Thanks

Mike

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 8:55 AM

Unfortunately, no. The tracer is fluid and generally moves toward the upper center of the screen and has to be moved aside each time if it blocks your view.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 9:04 AM

I have seen this discussed in discord. IF I recall correctly it was Nico who said they (WGT) are aware it is a problem, and will be working on making it sticky.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 9:24 AM

KenBTEXAS:

I have seen this discussed in discord. IF I recall correctly it was Nico who said they (WGT) are aware it is a problem, and will be working on making it sticky.

Good to know! It IS really cumbersome to move it to where I want it to be each and every time before a shot.

Sometimes it's hidden at the edge of screen for some reason and I can't even drag it out when I want to take a look at the numbers on it.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 8:48 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

KenBTEXAS:

Good to know! It IS really cumbersome to move it to where I want it to be each and every time before a shot.

Sometimes it's hidden at the edge of screen for some reason and I can't even drag it out when I want to take a look at the numbers on it.

I stood to reason that a player of your caliber could close their eyes and intuitively say what was on the Shot Tracer. Then open them and -Boom 👊🏻- 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 9:02 PM

Babzilla33:
    I stood to reason that a player of your caliber could close their eyes and intuitively say what was on the Shot Tracer. Then open them and -Boom 👊🏻- 

I can't speak for others, but for myself, I'd close my eyes and intuitively say what was on the Shot Tracer. Then open them and boom! DEAD WRONG! 😂 It is a very useful & helpful tool in any case.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2022 9:42 AM

Mike19781978:

is there anyway to move the shot tracer and it stay where I moved it to? 

This has been done before. It was announced June 19, 2020

WGTChampion:

First, let's talk about the items in the last post that we released already:

• Adding additional camera views where possible - Many courses and holes now have additional views available!
    • Improving the Toptracer box positioning - The Toptracer stats box is now anchored in the top right of the screen
    • Adding an "Add friend" option for players in multiplayer lobbies - Multiplayer lobbies (like Skins, Match Play, Alt Shot) now have this button
    • Improving the aimer on the minimap - There are now limits to how far it can be moved, it can no longer be dragged all the way off the screen

I don't remember what the complaints were, but there were some. It was then changed back to the way it is now a few months later with no explanation as to why.

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2022 8:36 AM

The Top Tracer stats used to live in a single area but the area we picked got too in the way. 

So we made it so it can move around each shot but this has made it even MORE in the way. 

It's something we want to make it so it has a better place to "live" and isn't in anyone's way. It personally is high on my quality of life fixes I want to see. It's a when not if kinda thing when we get to it. Though as of now I'm not entirely sure how soon we'll get to it but champ and I definitely are pushing for that and quite a few other quality of life fixes.

RSS