Forums

Help › Forums

Goals & Achievements - Live on all platforms

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 11:25 AM

I did an update and have it now on iPad. Can’t say I am very i pressed with what I see !! I shall reserve judgement but so far ….. nil points !! 

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 11:33 AM

Hope not, but I see this G&A as a possible nightmare for customer service... as if they weren't already busy enough.  

FYI... I'm getting credited for Aces that I have not earned. Only guessing at this stage, but could it be linked to CTTH tie-breakers? 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 11:38 AM

I am sure this will be a popular feature for many (most ?) WGT players. I, however, am so old school that I look at this goal and achievement  tomfoolery with a jaded eye.  

Awards of stars, banners, handshakes, magical clothing may be all the rage, but I am here for the rather boring plain vanilla golf. Coin rooms or shoot outs or driving range games (without the buckets of beer that you can actually get at a Topgolf  facility)  are a great addition in that it shows that the people heading up the WGT division of Topgolf are trying to innovate.

Perhaps I read too much into these advances coming to WGT; but I see it as another step closer to the world of TikTok and Instagram. "Users are only here for a second and if they can't find entertainment in that second, they will leave. Let's do anything to hook them because it is all about the numbers. Got to grow exponentially. "

As I say, I'm an old goat who remembers Hogan and Snead (both Sam and J.C.) and reveres the game of golf that they played.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 11:42 AM

Nancy1959:

twinponds169:

WGTNico:
    Players that should be getting achievements didn't receive them even though they hit all the requirements

I went through them one by one during the day yesterday and got results as I should have, all good. This was before I saw / or read about, the Collect All button.

One of my nightly playing buds came on last night, (Farnarcler), and on the headset I explained all this stuff to him and told him the easy way was just hit the Collect All button. Boy, was I wrong and looking the fool. All it did was set every single achievement to zero, as if he was brand new to the game last night and had not played a game yet. Even on all the course awards where he would max out to the end and the 50 credits, nothing. Every button in his achievements was a Go button and took him to the game screen.

He is on PC and long time veteran tour champ, he should have ended up with around the same results as I got. He closed out the game and reopened, logging back in, but same thing there, just all Go buttons.

This is apparently what happened to me.  I am a PC only player.  I started by collecting a few awards one by one and it was taking forever.  I had hundreds of them to click.  So, I saw the "Collect All" button and clicked on that and then all of the rest just reset to zero, as if I had never achieved any of them or the awards that went with them.  For example, it showed almost zero ranked rounds (round and round award) when I had almost 78,000 ranked rounds.  As a result, almost every award I got that day amounted to next to nothing (certainly nothing of value to me, like credits).

~Nancy

Can you send a screenshot of your progress dropping to zero? 

Achievements can have multiple levels and fully completed achievements are removed from the screen. 

I can see in your profile in the game (click your profile photo, awards , career tab at the top) you have a TON of achievements. 

_CHAMPION 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 12:30 PM

I can’t see anyway way to move beyond level 50 ! Level 60 is needed to start earning credits , but when i tap anything all i get is the page to upgrade to premier membership for 18000 credits 

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 1:18 PM

WGTChampion:
    Achievements can have multiple levels and fully completed achievements are removed from the screen. 

I completed many of them obviously, and they are still on my screen, just shuffled down below ones that are not complete.

• POPPYPEUX
    839 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 1:20 PM

Screenshot from few of my awards in profile page & screenshot of achievements!

It seems i have to do all my awards/achievements from last 9 years again?

Poppy

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 1:26 PM

Duphpherer:

Hope not, but I see this G&A as a possible nightmare for customer service... as if they weren't already busy enough.  

FYI... I'm getting credited for Aces that I have not earned. Only guessing at this stage, but could it be linked to CTTH tie-breakers? 

Yes. Seems CTTH hole outs are counting as HIOs

For the folks saying they didn't get their achievements backfilled, we're aware and we're working on it. It's possible that it's just going slow to catch up on everyone coming in and could resolve itself with time. I'm not 100% sure yet, but we are working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 1:27 PM

POPPYPEUX:
    It seems i have to do all my awards/achievements from last 9 years again?

did you happen to click " collect all"  as that is starting to look like a common theme unless it is device / operating system related.

you should also have received around 500 credits for your HIO (39) - I am not sure what the exact cutoff is - but you have more than myself and that is what I received for the HIO achievement along with the other items I can no longer see or view.  

A completed course achievement was 50 credits each.

-- overlapping posts ---

WGTChampion:
    I'm not 100% sure yet, but we are working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience. 

thanks for update can try to relay it to those I have heard from or seen in our club forum. but I have seen various people on different platforms are impacted - but it was why it sounded like the "collect all" option might have been a common nuance - because it appears to have worked for those who went thru them individually.  

• POPPYPEUX
    839 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 2:29 PM

el3n1:
    did you happen to click " collect all"  as that is starting to look like a common theme unless it is device / operating system related.

Yup

:(

RSS