Forums

Help › Forums

Failure to launch

Wed, Jul 27 2022 12:23 AM (7 replies)
  • Jazman33
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2022 1:50 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first post and unfortunately it is one of slight concern.

Since I started playing this game in 2020, I’ve been signing in via Facebook and have never signed in the conventional way using my email and password. This has worked perfectly for me right up until today, when I received an error message saying the app isn’t activated right now and the developers are aware and that I should be able to sign in again when the app is re-activated.

I’ve had no luck all day. Yesterday it was fine, today it won’t let me be great!  I have also tried requesting a password recovery, because I cannot remember it and have tried every possible variant I think it may be, but have yet to receive an email as promised to assist me.

Does anybody have any idea what the issue could be, or if there is a genuine problem with the app? I have even deleted the app and re-downloaded it but this made no difference.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 10:17 AM

You need to get a password either by trying the recover password option or by getting WGT customer service to create one for you. Then you can start logging in with that password and forget about FB

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 10:31 AM

Have you looked in your email spam/junk folder for a reply from WGT?

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2022 8:50 AM

We do currently have known issues with Facebook logins, please contact our customer support team

https://m.wgt.com/help/request

Due to the issues we want to get people with a proper login info and not relying on Facebook to sign-in. Many Facebook users don't actually have a proper email in our system so you'll never actually receive a recovery email

• JasonParvess
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2022 11:36 PM

WGT responded saying they’ve cancelled my original email address (which proves they actually had my email to begin with, and could clearly see my original account is legitimate), and gave me a password for a whole new account with a new username which takes me back to a Hack level 13. They essentially didn’t do what I asked for, which was to give me a new password so I can login to WGT via the WGT.com and access my original account - Jazman33

I have since responded again requesting they rectify this. I’m not happy about losing EVERYTHING and starting all over. Not cool man! All I am asking for is to have the new account deleted and my original account reinstated. Are you perhaps able to assist?

• JasonParvess
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2022 6:46 AM

I am the same person who owns the Jazman33 account, and i am replying to you from the new username WGT gave me.

For some reason WGT responded saying my email had not been used in a while (presumably because i had been using FB to login), so they decided to cancel it and issue me with a new username and password, which directed me to the new Hack level 13 account. i have no idea why this was done because my email was clearly linked to my Jazman33 account, for which i requested a new password so I could use that to log back in and continue without FB. 

I am confused and somewhat infuriated and simply want my original account reinstated by way of a password that I can use to continue where I left off a few days ago.I mean, I know my original account still exists as I can view it when I click on it above on my first post. I have also sent numerous emails asking for this to be rectified, and I know this may take time (24-48 hours as stated), but I am concerned that whoever decided to cancel my account did not understand my issue properly.

Please can you assist urgently with this?

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2022 9:03 AM

I actually want to clear up some confusion here, the JasonParvess is the account that had your old email. It has since been disabled and CS is in the process of getting the email you want into your main account Jazman33 which isn't disabled at all, customer support just needs another response from you regarding the info they've asked for in their most recent response to get your account eligible to play on. The facebook login issues typically get handled rather quickly, but since there was another account involved things take a bit longer since these things aren't allowed.

• JasonParvess
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2022 12:23 AM

Ok great, thank you WGTNIco for assisting and clearing up my confusion and allaying my concerns.  

I have received that email and I have provided all the information they have requested, so I look forward to getting back up and running again. 

RSS