Forums

Help › Forums

How to report player?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 23 2022 6:34 AM (7 replies)
  • Darktone74
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 6:03 AM
    Had a guy get upset I was winning so he used maximum shots and time in each one. Must have took me over an hour for the last 5 holes. I have screen shots.
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 10:32 AM

You can send an email to members@worldgolftour.com. You could try contacting the moderator, and Community Organizer, Nico, on the WGT discord, but I think this may be something better to report to member support (IMO).

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 10:18 PM

That's nasty, but if he stayed in the game it wasn't illegal. What should WGT do about him?

I'd rather propose that you "block and forget" him, from his profile or from your account.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 10:37 PM

alosso:
    That's nasty, but if he stayed in the game it wasn't illegal. What should WGT do about him?

Technically you’re correct as there’s no rule against using your entire shot time. But if the player is purposefully making repeated bad shots to run each hole up to 10 strokes then that’s something that could be deemed unwarranted.
    Also, blocking a player doesn’t stop the game from matching you with them again.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2022 2:12 AM

alosso:

But it may have gone against what's in the guidelines, depends on your interpretation I guess.

Sportsmanship

Our community is passionate about golf, and the spirit of competition thrives at WGT. No matter how passionate or competitive, however, players are expected to demonstrate sportsmanship at all times. Outbursts of temper and otherwise belligerent and disruptive behaviors are unacceptable.

Penalties for Breach

If a player disregards these guidelines or our Terms & Conditions, WGT may take disciplinary action against the offending player. Disciplinary actions may include prohibiting play for a limited time, disabling certain features, or permanent banning.

• Darktone74
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2022 4:43 AM

It seems to me he does this often. I don’t want him dong it to others and basically extorting coins from people doing this. 

• CaptRon48
    179 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2022 6:34 AM

If he was in a CC I would have contacted the owner. Been my experience in other games that "leaders" don't take kindly to bad press!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 7:33 AM

Good points, both of you!

Still, WGT's action is limited against paying clients...

RSS