Forums

Help › Forums

Goal & Achievements

Sun, Mar 3 2024 2:57 PM (580 replies)
  • WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2022 1:46 PM

Hey everyone,

We’re getting close to the end of the month and that means we’re adding cool new stuff to the game. This one in particular we've been really excited to showoff

But first, let me start with 2 features we’re sunsetting with this release.

• 1st is the old awards system. This gave players XP awards for completing specific challenges and players could view their awards on their profile page on WGT.
    • the 2nd feature is the "weekly wins" which gave players the opportunity to earn apparel packs for winning coin room games with an active sponsor. So no longer will you be earning the same 2-3 apparel items each week I'm counting this as a bug fix

Both of these features are being replaced with cooler, better features.

These new features are called Goals and Achievements which offer new ways to earn rewards by playing the game.

• The rewards include: XP, Apparel Boxes, Coins, and even Credits  

Goals

• Offers you daily and weekly challenges to complete.
    • By completing them you’ll earn progress toward unlocking the next set of rewards.
    • Each day and week there will be new goals to complete and new rewards to unlock. Definitely adds another element to playing the game daily outside of just getting your consecutive days played.

Plus and Premier members unlock more rewards by completing Goals.

Achievements

• Career challenges that unlock rewards and a special award in your profile.
    • Most of your progress will carry over into this and many of you will have lots of achievements to collect on day 1.
    • Any progress that didn’t carry over is because it wasn’t being tracked before now (sorry) but I know you can complete them anyway.
    • This adds a whole new element to playing and grinding the game as there's always an achievement to go for.
    • My personal favorite is balls hit in the water, thanks for the ball hits in advance
    • There's also course achievements which will show your best score on any given course giving you a little insight on what courses you can still use some work on!

When you’ve collected an achievement go to the Awards section in your Profile to check out the awards you’ve collected.

Miscellaneous Notes on G&A

• Single player practice games don't count toward any Goals or Achievements.
    • Old awards will still be viewable in your profile on web.
    • All screenshots are of work-in-progress builds and are not final.

We're really looking forward to hearing your feedback when Goals & Achievements releases to all of you in our next update!

For clarity purposes barring any delays then PGA National should be available directly following downtime the 26th. G&A will require a client update. So wednesday morning usually for desktop/steam/android and thursday for iOS. That's the normal timeline anyway, if there's any delays then I'll keep you all posted.

• LeftyMcGee7
    449 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2022 2:38 PM

WTG Nico! 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2022 2:54 PM

WGTNico:
    So no longer will you be earning the same 2-3 apparel items each week I'm counting this as a bug fix

Or maybe you're not, seems when you copy what was posted on Discord the scoring out gets lost :-/

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2022 3:21 PM

WGTNico:
    This adds a whole new element to playing and grinding the game as there's always an achievement to go for.

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 5:31 AM

I would like to express my appreciation and deep gratitude for the work of WGTNICO in making WGT the best online golf game.

Recently, I had an issue and Nico took great patience and time in listening to the problem and did his absolute best to find a solution.

In my case, closing in on the birth of our third child, Nico was exceedingly forgiving in feeling the brunt of my exaggerated and over-the-top frustrations. I again offer my sincere apologies, Nico--it was nothing personal.  

At the end of the day, this is just a game--a very fun, addictive game. A moderator like Nico is exactly what WGT needed, and I extend my heartfelt thanks again for all Nico does in what can be a thankless effort.

From the many thousands--and even millions of players--"Thank you, Nico!" 

Wishing all the best in life, 

Jessica (Of Course) 

• MoonGlobe
    22 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 3:55 PM

I have never hit a hole in one. New achievement systems thinks I have 6..... 3 in one day.. 

Not impressed. 

• Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 1:17 AM

I like it, it's fun and can get a few credits out of it.

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 9:56 AM

Seems there are some flaws.  I have played in Show Downs and head to head games but getting no credit for them.  Not showing ranked rounds played nor tournament rounds played and probably a few more. 

One member of our club that plays on an Mac computer can't even get credit for being in a Country Club so is this not available for the Mac players?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 9:58 AM

MoonGlobe:

I have never hit a hole in one. New achievement systems thinks I have 6..... 3 in one day.. 

Not impressed. 

it might count aces in CttH games some of them are from the tee

RSS