Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to WGT?

Fri, Jan 27 2023 11:54 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CtheDuke
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2022 5:13 AM

Did the Devs just get greedy for cash? I first played WGT in 2010 and used to absolutely love it, it was a tough game and you had to use course management to have a good round... The single play tournaments were as such if you scored a -10 you were in with a chance and certainly up on the high end of a leader board.  I have not played for around 5 years and thought I would give it a go last night as the 2k game was just a let down. I could not believe that all the balls are now expensive and if you dont have them then good buy to stopping your ball on the green... you have to score -18 to -20 to win a tournament (you know like the pros do every week).... its become a tiger woods game with the soul purpose of getting people to pay for things... Seems like a completely different game, even down to if you hit a good shot you get the heartbeat... literally out of a tiger woods game... Does everyone like this style of play or is it just me that misses the old web browser game?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2022 10:49 AM

CtheDuke:
    Does everyone like this style of play or is it just me that misses the old web browser game?

I would say that many share your pain. Here are just a few examples:

What on earth has happened? - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

What happened to WGT. - World Golf Tour

What happened to WGT? - World Golf Tour

new wgt sucks - World Golf Tour

New WGT??? Disappointing!! - World Golf Tour

Many members have transitioned to the new version, some after therapy. Others have simply quit. Some have even sold their clubs, got credits and gifted balls to whoever wanted, using up their credits, and then quitting.  If you fall in the last category ...

I use Volvik Vivid Pink (Lvl 51).

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2022 11:37 AM

HamdenPro:
    Many members have transitioned to the new version, some after therapy. Others have simply quit. Some have even sold their clubs, got credits and gifted balls to whoever wanted, using up their credits, and then quitting.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2022 12:42 PM

CtheDuke:

Did the Devs just get greedy for cash? I first played WGT in 2010 and used to absolutely love it, it was a tough game and you had to use course management to have a good round... The single play tournaments were as such if you scored a -10 you were in with a chance and certainly up on the high end of a leader board.  I have not played for around 5 years and thought I would give it a go last night as the 2k game was just a let down. I could not believe that all the balls are now expensive and if you dont have them then good buy to stopping your ball on the green... you have to score -18 to -20 to win a tournament (you know like the pros do every week).... its become a tiger woods game with the soul purpose of getting people to pay for things... Seems like a completely different game, even down to if you hit a good shot you get the heartbeat... literally out of a tiger woods game... Does everyone like this style of play or is it just me that misses the old web browser game?

It is basically the same game just not played in a browser with flash. Actually in many ways the new version is much better. You don't have to jump through hoops to get a smooth meter. 

• walterfsnow
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 4:47 AM

Global golf entertainment leader Topgolf has acquired sports gaming company World Golf Tour (WGT), creating the world's largest digital golf audience.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 8:24 AM

⬆ ⬆ ⬆

BOT

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 10:27 AM

HamdenPro:

⬆ ⬆ ⬆

BOT

More bots in this game than there are real players.😂😂😂