Campion to Tour Champion

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 13 2022 1:06 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 3:58 PM

Tony08888:

I'm 43 ranked rounds from saturation as a champion and need to drop my average by 1.22 points which shouldn't be too difficult as long as I stay away from extreme CC condition tournaments. 

However, I'm being told now that it takes another 200 ranked rounds after the initial 1,000 ranked rounds to lock in my average. I have never heard this before. I thought that was the purpose of the 1,000 ranked round saturation. What am I missing?

Others have said what the criteria is.  I think it was once announced that TC would be by invite but that never happened.

While I don't doubt your ability to avoid "extreme CC conditions" things may not be quite as easy as you seem to think.

Lets say you get to 1,000 rr's with an average of 56.20, that means your average will include 56,200 strokes.  To become TC you will need to get that down to 55,000.  You'll know better what scores are included in your average but if you wanted to get to TC in 200 rounds after saturation you'd need to drop 6 strokes every round.  That may not be difficult to start with but as you closer it will get harder.

So there is no rule saying you have to play more rounds after saturation but you're certainly going to have to play some.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 3:46 AM
    I understand the requirements for tiering up just never heard of an additional 200. I thought it was said in error. Being invited to become a TC is an outdated requirement. It should be 1000 ranked rounds with a 55 or less average. The additional 200 came out of left field so was checking if something new came about I wasn’t aware of. Dodgy: Yep never said it would be easy, just wanted clarification. Thanks all
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 7:41 AM

Tony08888, the 200 RR's do exist but they are for after you are promoted to TC. The 200 RR's is basically TC saturation point so that your TC AVG isn't going up and down forever.

• Coleman374
    29 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2022 1:06 PM
    This table is correct for champion to tour champion. I had well over 1000 rounds as a champion and as soon as my average dipped under 55 I got tour champion.
  • PAGES
RSS