Help › Forums

Campion to Tour Champion

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 13 2022 1:06 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 11:13 AM

I'm 43 ranked rounds from saturation as a champion and need to drop my average by 1.22 points which shouldn't be too difficult as long as I stay away from extreme CC condition tournaments. 

However, I'm being told now that it takes another 200 ranked rounds after the initial 1,000 ranked rounds to lock in my average. I have never heard this before. I thought that was the purpose of the 1,000 ranked round saturation. What am I missing?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 11:47 AM

Tony08888:
    What am I missing?

My understanding, from reading the untold number of threads, about saturation, which you can find, by using the search box to the right, Tour Champion is "invite only" by WGT. In other words, who knows when you will reach TC.

EDIT: After reading the OP, I believe I misunderstood the question. I thought the underlying question was inquiring when the OP would reach TC. He actually appears to be asking about saturation, only, and not about reaching TL...my bad!

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 12:17 PM

HamdenPro:

Tony08888:
    What am I missing?

My understanding, from reading the untold number of threads, about saturation, which you can find, by using the search box to the right, Tour Champion is "invite only" by WGT. In other words, who knows when you will reach TC.

For the most part, I am of a similar opinion to Steff. For the longest time, nobody was being elevated to TC. Many of the posts were dedicated to asking moderators, and other players, what the actual criteria was. None of the players apparently knew, while Icon and the gang wouldn't answer.

After a number of months (yrs?), top players were finally being elevated. 

That said, there are rumors that criteria has been since been established and it's the HOF that is by invitation only. But, I'm not certain of this.

ct

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 12:53 PM

These are the numbers that I believe in (by observation of the threads), and the last date gives a hint when to look into the forum.

I can't answer the question "When is a TC saturated?" though - 200 was a frequent number in the former "highest tiers" but that's but a guess.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 12:55 PM

The Tour Champion Tier "may" have been By Invitation Only when it was first introduced to the game but that was well before my time so I cannot say if that is true or not. If it was I do not believe it is has been that way for a long time.

I have been playing almost 4 years and have never heard about the Extra 200 RR's the OP is mentioning to get promoted to T Champ. I have always been under the impression that it was just the 1000 RR's and required AVG based on the information that has been collected and posted in numerous Tier Charts.

Currently I believe the Hall of Fame Tier isn't even By Invitation Only as I'm pretty sure that there are currently only 2 members as it was awarded to them for being the overall "WGT Live Series" World Champion of the year. Young46 (2021) and most recently MasterHacker74 (2022)

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 1:39 PM
    CEVERETT12
    LEVEL
    TIER
    Hall of Fame

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 1:54 PM

I have been playing almost 4 years and have never heard about the Extra 200 RR's the OP is mentioning to get promoted to T Champ. I have always been under the impression that it was just the 1000 RR's and required AVG based on the information that has been collected and posted in numerous Tier Charts.

Yes it’s “only” 1,000 rounds as champion and a required average to advance to TC level. Last I looked the extra 200 rounds after promotion to that level lock in the TC’s average. Once the 200 rounds are played as a TC, the player’s average can only go down; scores above the player’s average are not factored in the stroke average calculation from that point forward.
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 2:32 PM

Cicero733:
    Last I looked the extra 200 rounds after promotion to that level lock in the TC’s average.

Ah OK  that makes more sense. The 200 are basically the like a saturation level for the T Champ tier.

• grossstadtkerl
    267 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 3:46 PM

Basically, listed below is the tier progression. Remember that custom courses, par 3s, and par 5s don't count for average. Also, your average resets with each tier advancement. Finally, the number of rounds indicated is the number of rounds at that tier and not number of total rounds played. 

• When you have played at least 5 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 100.00 you go from Hack to Amateur. 
    • When you have played at least 10 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 80.00 you go from Amateur to Pro. 
    • When you have played at least 20 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 72.00 you go from Pro to Tour Pro  
    • When you have played at least 25 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 67.00 you go from Tour Pro to Master  
    • When you have played at least 40 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 63.00 you go from Master to Tour Master 
    • When you have played at least 50 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 61.00 you go from Tour Master to Legend 
    • When you have played at least 500 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60.00 you go from Legend to Tour Legend
    • When you have played at least 750 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 59.00 you go from Tour Legend to Champion 
    • When you have played at least 1000 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 55.00 you go from Champion to Tour Champion
    • When you have played 1000 ranked rounds, you saturate at Tour Champion.

Wolfgang

• PAGES
RSS