Forums

Help › Forums

FINNYS WORLD CUP 2023 SIGN UPS

Thu, Nov 2 2023 4:20 PM (115 replies)
  • Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2022 12:39 AM

Luckily there are intelligent people around on here. So I will keep this short. You are taking my words out of context.

What I said was if one country, or in this case a CC, gets banned from a World Cup, for whatever reason, the rest of the World will still call it a World Cup ... they will not now call it Finny's Cup as was suggested.

Thank you for posting your snippet of all that was done and said in the matter last year. I'm sure someone will now post the entire conversation (might take more than a half a page) and then the members of WGT can decide if what has transpired is fair.

As for me, I will continue serving my CC who has supported/ stood by me through tough times, and I will continue to serve the broader WGT community by spending my free time helping to manage and organize one of the better WGT community events out there.

Take care, and all the best to your CC.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2022 12:56 AM

this conflict is killin me guys

The friends I have made over the last 12 years going head to head in a virtual manure chucking competition is such a total waste of time. There is no place in this day and age for lifelong grudges to be had.

Especially when it involves an escape from reality video game. Personal vindications should never interfere with the love of GOLF

WAKE UP TO YASELVES, ffs

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2022 4:19 AM

Aweful lot of fighting and stuff for a something thats suppose to be fun. Its a game and no one is making a living at it. Do you all fight like this over a game of Monopoly? Cheers

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2022 3:06 AM

If there's any country club owners or Country club members the World cup team would like to invite you to next year's Finny's World cup 2023, Which we are looking to start at the end Feb 2023. The sign ups either end when we hit 48 teams Which we have 42 at the moment or the sigh ups will end on the 22nd of Jan 2023. This Tournament is Based on Country club team's going up against each other. if interested you will need a team(s) between 10 and 13 players in each squad with a Captain of the team and all players above legend tier. The stages are in Group's and once they have been played out  then we get to the  knockout stages to the winning team/s going forward towards to the Finals of the main cup and the bottom teams play for the Plate, This Tournament normally takes round 6 months from  the start to the final round to play, So  you will need to make sure everyone has the time to play if you make it to each stage. We also have a Discord channel where all the players meet up and chat etc, let me know if you're interested at all and I can add your country club and teams to the list. Any questions just send me a Message.

Bader76                                                                                                                                WC Team 

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2022 10:37 AM

cousinzeke1:

I have to say that if you are going to ban certain country clubs from playing in what you call a Finnys world cup you should change the name to Finnys cup and drop the BS about WORLD.......

100%

What's going on here guys, you are going to destroy what I have always supported as the best tournament on wgt?

Have a re-think... Personal issues should not become World Cup rules.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2022 12:46 PM

bader76:

The country club in question Bills Band did not break any WC RULES, but with what happened between BILLS BAND & SEL country clubs....

Any club members are welcome to play in the WC but not in / as BILLS BAND country club.

Maybe you should call it the PVC - Personal Vendetta Cup 🏆

Was thinking about trying to put together a team from our CC to enter... but after seeing the drama involved with this... no thanks.

• Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2022 4:25 AM

I don’t know the right or wrong of this issue, but I do know that there are good people on both sides who are losing something of great value, not only to themselves but for everyone in the WGT community. This creative masterpiece called The World Cup has evolved into the most prestigious tournament on WGT and it makes sense that its creators and managers would go to great lengths to protect it. Bill’s Band are a team of very talented and aggressive competitors who apparently conceived of a strategy they thought might give them an edge but in so doing, posed something of threat (perceived or real) to the integrity of the tournament. I expect there were efforts to rectify this issue prior to imposing the ban. So, now here we are, bummed out as we see the aftermath. Perhaps I’m an ignorant idealist but is this really beyond repair? Someone once said, “Reasonable people can always find room to agree with one another”. I expect mistakes have been made here. Are those mistakes so bad that reasonable people can't make a last-ditch effort to look for a way to reconcile rather than let this deteriorate further. What a cool thing that would be to witness. I know it could be done. Think on it.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2022 6:53 AM

Slimjim001:

I don’t know the right or wrong of this issue, but I do know that there are good people on both sides who are losing something of great value, not only to themselves but for everyone in the WGT community. This creative masterpiece called The World Cup has evolved into the most prestigious tournament on WGT and it makes sense that its creators and managers would go to great lengths to protect it. Bill’s Band are a team of very talented and aggressive competitors who apparently conceived of a strategy they thought might give them an edge but in so doing, posed something of threat (perceived or real) to the integrity of the tournament. I expect there were efforts to rectify this issue prior to imposing the ban. So, now here we are, bummed out as we see the aftermath. Perhaps I’m an ignorant idealist but is this really beyond repair? Someone once said, “Reasonable people can always find room to agree with one another”. I expect mistakes have been made here. Are those mistakes so bad that reasonable people can't make a last-ditch effort to look for a way to reconcile rather than let this deteriorate further. What a cool thing that would be to witness. I know it could be done. Think on it.

i do like your words friend your definately not an ignorant idealist,

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2022 1:32 PM

Slimjim001:

Brilliant post my friend!!!

Continuing from where you started and without having deep or any knowledge of what is happened, even in football there's a second chance...red card follows the yellow. If the yellow card has already been given and nevertheless the attitude remained the same, then i rest my case and i stand the decision.

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2022 11:22 AM

JUST AN UPDATE ON THIS BANNING OF BILLS BAND AND THE 3 MEMBERS.

THE WORLD CUP TEAM HAS COME TO AN AGREEMENT THAT WE WILL LIFT THE BAN OF BILLS BAND AND THE 3 PLAYERS ALSO.

THIS IS BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN SEL AND BILLS BAND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WORLD CUP AND AS THERE WAS NO RULES BROKEN WHILE BILLS BAND WAS PLAYING AND THERE IS NO REAL REASON TO HAVE THEM BANNED FROM NEXT YEARS WORLD CUP.

SO BILLS BAND IF YOU CAN GET A TEAM TOGETHER AND WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IN NEXT YEARS WORLD CUP, LET BADER76 KNOW. 

CHEERS 

WC TEAM

RSS