Thu, Nov 2 2023 4:20 PM (115 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2022 11:58 AM

Nicely done Carl

• mrshanestaley
    657 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2022 8:44 PM

Please add a 3rd team for Freedom Golf Club...

TY Carl

• cousinzeke1
    31 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2022 6:27 PM

I have to say that if you are going to ban certain country clubs from playing in what you call a Finnys world cup you should change the name to Finnys cup and drop the BS about WORLD.......

• bluey403
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 1:20 AM

-.-

• Nicozandberg
    716 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 3:12 AM

cousinzeke1:

I have to say that if you are going to ban certain country clubs from playing in what you call a Finnys world cup you should change the name to Finnys cup and drop the BS about WORLD.......

In many sports, certain countries have been banned from participating, and they don't just then call in The/ A Cup eg. Russia recently at many sport events, South Africa in the 80's and 90's etc.

You don't play by the rules/ conform to the rest of the world, you get kicked. Simple as that.

• twofallssteve
    756 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:28 AM

What rule did our club break? Did multiple people in our cc break a rule or rules?

• bader76
    902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 2:22 PM

People are asking questions to why a country club has been banned from playing in the future World cup tourneys.

The country club in question Bills Band did not break any WC RULES, but with what happened between BILLS BAND & SEL country clubs, where BILLS BAND was poaching the majority of SEL MEMBERS from which they previously had left, which is unsportsmanlike and just petty, and for them to laugh and joke about it in a voice room at the time is something that we the World cup team will not tolerate. 

FINNY has told DOTTY the country club owner of BILLS BAND about all this last year and this is his message he had sent to him -

Hello friend, it has come to our attention that you have been trying to poach members from SEL by sending out invites and trying to pressurise them while they play around on discord, as you know this regarded as lowest of the low by many on WGT and even more so by trying to take players from your former club. The WC team have had a chat and decided your club does not represent what I have set on honour and integrity that are forefront in taking part in the World Cup and have taken the decision to exclude Bills Band from next year's competition. Finny

All members involved have also been banned from playing in future WC tourneys -

Dotty, Twofallssteve and Amateur4sure 

Any club members are welcome to play in the WC but not in / as BILLS BAND country club.

Cheers 

WC Team 

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 11:49 PM

Well I was going to stay well clear of all this, mostly because I have no intentions of playing in the WC after the disgusting things that were posted/said in the SEL forum to my close friend Chris (amateur4sure, aka Dodgy git) when he came over and joined billsband.

Carl and the boys are right, I totally sent out a bunch of club invites to SEL management/players.... What he didn't say is why I did it. Below I will post a message between myself and Carl that I hope will show both sides of the story.

But before I do that, I want to say that SEL & Finny have brought you this world cup for many a year, many look forward to it and many a friendship has been formed by it! What all this boils down to is a squabble between family members and should neve have made it into this forum. So for my part, this will be the only post I make in this forum (except one for Nico hee hee).

Before I go I want to say to all, SEL is one of the great clubs on WGT, you wont find a finer bunch of folks that care and help one another. Bubbsboy had a vision to bond together a family that cares for one another beyond this game, he did and anyone that gets to experience that, well I count myself lucky to have.

So Thank you SEL for this World Cup, I hope you put on many more and bring this fine community together.

Please do not judge WC by this, I alone except being banned for my actions for all future WC events. Now lets move on and have a great World Cup as always.... woo hoo!

AS PROMISED THE MESSAGE BETWEEN CARL AND MYSELF BACK IN AUG.

Bader7608/09/2022 6:47 PM

Why would you think i would join bill's band? And can you please stop sending invite's to SEL members to join Bills band FFS, I'm not happy bout this at all and its not the right way to get club members, Oh and your team is now banned from playing in the World cup @Dotty Cheers and good luck in the future.

Dotty08/09/2022 7:09 PM

Lol ffs brother do you not see who I invited, started with the directors, and if Jess (SEL owner) didn't have me blocked I would have invited her as well...
    I did it in response to how shi**y they all were to dodgy (amateur4sure) when he came here... It was all done to show you all just how stupid you are being over a ****** video game...
    With the exception of you I would certainly not want any of them actually to join billsband and if you or any of you had shown any real interest I would have laughed and wondered just how ***** dumb you all are bwahahaha... Really Carl I thought you would have at least got it... Do you ever think I would want nicozand**** and pip ever in my club....
    I did it during coffee cup and laughed with everyone including SEL players... As predicted you all took the bait hook line and sinker.... Finny couldn't wait to tell me we're banned bwahahaha.....
    I would suggest that you all take a really good look at your ego's and get some perspective on why you all have an unhealthy obsession with this game....
    Cheers and all the best in the future, I still love a lot of folk at SEL
    ... Hugs to Mason
  • TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2022 12:09 AM

Nicozandberg:

cousinzeke1:

In many sports, certain countries have been banned from participating, and they don't just then call in The/ A Cup eg. Russia recently at many sport events, South Africa in the 80's and 90's etc.

You don't play by the rules/ conform to the rest of the world, you get kicked. Simple as that.

Not my words, but sent to me in response to your post: They agreed to have it posted:

So, just to be clear. Nico is essentially stating that the actions and conduct by some of the senior people at Bill's Band is on par and amounts to the same conduct as:

a) Russia/Putin's unlawful invasion of a sovereign nation, crimes against humanity and violations of numerous sections of International Law, including; Rape, ethnic cleansing, torture and genocide.

b) A direct comparison to the Government of South Africa during the 80's and 90's and their policies during the Apartheid era and the atrocities and crimes committed during that time. Suggesting that it's okay to make direct comparisons to Bill's Band and the members involved in this WC dispute and issue? 

Have I got that right? I think I do.

I think someone needs to explain to Nico and SEL, WGT's rules with respect to denigrating, hateful, slanderous / libelous and demeaning posts and comments directed toward other members within WGT's forums. WGT has made it clear that engaging in this type of posting and conduct is grounds for immediate removal of ones account.

Just sayin'...... 🤓

RSS