Forums

Help › Forums

Equipment

Sun, Jul 10 2022 9:20 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JosephLander
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 10:11 PM

I recently suggested that WGT offer equipment based on Tier level as well as based on the players numerical level. If a player for some reason is bumped up to the Legend Tier but is only level 91 or 92 that player is at a huge disadvantage against players in a lower tier but yet has a higher numerical level but player because of the equipment that is available to higher numerical level players. If the same equipment were to be made to some in the Legend Tier  it would creat a more balanced and fair game. Moving up in Tier level should count as much as moving up in numerical level,  I am curious where WGT stands on this issue. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 11:22 AM

Probably never happen again. For the first 3 years or so that WGT existed all equipment was tier based. They changed it in 2010 to level based, 

• ThreePuttJoe1
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 5:25 PM

did not know equipment was previously offered based on tier level You are probably right in that they will not go back to tier level based equipment . I would be more fair and balanced if they offered both. I’m at level 92 and somehow moved to the Legend tier. I’ve never won any tournaments and have only won a handful of credits when entering tournaments. Now I can’t even come close to placing in tournaments because of the extra distance from the t-box and being limited to lesser level equipment. Even in the coin games if I play against someone who is level 102 or higher but they are at the Tour or Tour Master tier I’m beat before I even t-off. Kinda hard to compete when I have a 625 yard par 5 and someone with higher level equipment has a 525 yard par 5. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2022 12:05 AM

ThreePuttJoe1:

- I’m at level 92 and somehow moved to the Legend tier.
    - Now I can’t even come close to placing in tournaments because of the extra distance from the t-box and being limited to lesser level equipment.
    -Even in the coin games if I play against someone who is level 102 or higher but they are at the Tour or Tour Master tier I’m beat before I even t-off.  
    -Kinda hard to compete when I have a 625 yard par 5 and someone with higher level equipment has a 525 yard par 5.

- I’m not sure what level you feel you should be at to get to Legend tier but imho I’d say 85-90 is average and not at all uncommon. 
    - The difference in driving distance between a level 90+ TM Stealth driver and the 102+ Titleist is only 6 yards. 6 yards isn’t going to “make or break” you on probably 99% of the holes in this game. 
    -  No offense to those out there that this applies to, but a L102+  player who is only a Tour Master or lower … they aren’t exactly the BEST players out there and probably have huge holes in their game that a few extra yards from having a little bit longer drive than you equate to an automatic loss on your part. 
    - If you want to eliminate the tee advantage that lower tier players get in the Coin Room games you will need to start playing in the rooms above  Beverly Hills, where the tees are set and equal for everyone regardless of tier.

You seem to be hung up on the whole Driver distance thing when that’s only a very small portion of the game  The old adage in golf that says  “Drive for Show, Putt for Dough” is very accurate. The biggest importance with regards to your drives is keeping them on the fairway and out of any rough. But the majority of your strokes are actually taken on the green with good ole Mr. 3 Wiggle. Improving your putting is probably the best approach to take in this game as no amount of driver distance can compensate for a scorecard full of 2 and 3 putt holes. The approach and short game are probably just as equally important to both help minimize the length of your initial putts and save you for the times your approach shots are errant. 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2022 5:12 AM

MarchieB:
    No offense to those out there that this applies to, but a L102+  player who is only a Tour Master or lower … they aren’t exactly the BEST players out there and probably have huge holes in their game that a few extra yards from having a little bit longer drive than you equate to an automatic loss on your part. 

That post was really well done, every bit of it...

The only thing I would add is that If Tiers/Level/Equipment were an indicator of wins vs losses, We would have no reason to play the game...it could all be done on paper.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2022 12:33 PM

The thing that tells me that WGT has no concern about  level vis tier for equipment upgrades is when I join a random alt shot game and find I am the only one without magic hat. My top line driver always falls 20 yards short of the wizards I'm paired against, Hats off to WGT.

Image result for wizard hat

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2022 1:42 PM

HackWilson1930:
    is when I join a random alt shot game and find I am the only one without magic hat. My top line driver always falls 20 yards short of the wizards I'm paired against, Hats off to WGT.

You have the choice in Alt Shot games to have Apparel ON or OFF. Start choosing OFF.

The OP is complaining that he cannot compete against Lower Tier / Higher Level players because they have the advantage of better equipment. This is actually the very reason that having equipment tied to Tier would NOT work  and would actually create a bigger disadvantage for weaker players.

If equipment was tied to Tier the weaker players would not be skilled enough to advance in Tiers and would therefore not get access to better equipment thus causing an constant uphill battle to advance. By having the equipment tied to Levels this allows weaker players to continue to advance in the game as Levels are based on XP points, which is based on quantity of play not quality. This means that as long as they continue to play, regardless of thier skill level they will still be able to advance by attaining better equipment creating a bit of a handicap system for the less skilled players to the higher skilled players.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 10:56 AM

pdb1:
    Joe isn't even real

He has some stats. Can bots play the game now, do they come in different varieties, like Heinz?

More puzzling is how did he acquire a level 23 ball when he is at level 11?

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 7:09 AM

ScottHope:
    More puzzling is how did he acquire a level 23 ball when he is at level 11?

A few ways a player can acquire equipment above their level;

• Bought in a WGT package deal
    • Won as prizes in the Winners Circle event
    • As a bonus prize in the Tap-In Rewards offer.
    • As a prize in a Showdown event
    • As a WGT Credit Purchase bonus
  • PAGES
RSS