Forums

Help › Forums

July Update

Thu, Jun 30 2022 11:58 AM (22 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 8:37 PM

Looks like ALL multi-round CC tourneys are affected.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 9:24 PM

WGTNico:
    Ya Yiannis, it is only open to select countries since there are real world prizes involved. Always sucks seeing players not be able to be involved because of a prize restriction.

Nico, maybe you could elaborate on why it's only open to select countries.  "Since there are real world prizes" tells us absolutely nothing.  At the very least, I think you owe Yiannis an explanation, especially since he's gone to such lengths to provide detailed information to WGT and has not received a response from you guys.

If the prizes are an issue, why not just substitute something else... like WGT credits, which as we all know have no monetary value (it's even stated that way in your Terms & Conditions)?

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 11:41 PM

SamSpayed:

WGTNico:
    Ya Yiannis, it is only open to select countries since there are real world prizes involved. Always sucks seeing players not be able to be involved because of a prize restriction.

Nico, maybe you could elaborate on why it's only open to select countries.  "Since there are real world prizes" tells us absolutely nothing.  At the very least, I think you owe Yiannis an explanation, especially since he's gone to such lengths to provide detailed information to WGT and has not received a response from you guys.

If the prizes are an issue, why not just substitute something else... like WGT credits, which as we all know have no monetary value (it's even stated that way in your Terms & Conditions)?

I would appreciate that as well, having sent several questions to WGT but only got a standard reply about country specific gambling restrictions, which is not true. There are no such restrictions where I'm at, WGT even placed one of the e-tour tournaments in my country (had it not been a pandemic) and the partner company they are working with is actually based next door to me. 

I'm sure the reasons are easy enough to explain so we don't have to keep rising this question over and over again? 

Cheers

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 1:01 AM

NrEighteen:

I'm sure the reasons are easy enough to explain so we don't have to keep rising this question over and over again? 

Cheers

Because Jonas, as i said and also Sam mentioned, it's just ridiculous!!! There is absolutely no restriction in Greek legislation about gambling from 2011 (excluding the minors of course). Considering of course WGT is a ''gambling'' game which is absolutely wrong!!! Noone would classify WGT as a gambling game, not even a 1st year law school student.

Let them change their name into UCGA (United States and Co Golf Tour).

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 2:53 AM

I sincerely apologize for hi jacking Nico's thread, but before i stop though, i would like to ask Nico a favor:

Can you send me via p.m. the mail of WGT's legal department to expose the issue or you would prefer me to open a new thread trying to explain why this outrageous unfairness/inequity must cease after all these years?

Thank you.

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 3:22 AM

what have ya done with the tournaments?,  theres none for tour legends

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 8:53 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Can you send me via p.m. the mail of WGT's legal department to expose the issue or you would prefer me to open a new thread trying to explain why this outrageous unfairness/inequity must cease after all these years?

Uh-oh, a lawyer rolling up his sleeves! 😆

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 9:13 AM

SamSpayed:

WGTNico:

I'd like to hear an explanation about this as well. I've been playing in these events for many years now, with players rightfully asking why they can't win prizes (which is unfair by any definition), yet to my knowledge WGT never provided an answer what specifically prohibits their sponsors paying out prizes to people from most of the world's countries. It works for Germany for some reason (lucky me), but I have not heard of a single other game/esport that handles prize selection in this way. 

Yiannis1970:
    Noone would classify WGT as a gambling game, not even a 1st year law school student.

At times it does feel like gambling if you consider the impact of winds in stroke play and the built-in variance :D

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 9:25 AM

SeveFrost:

Nico, I love the look of PGA National but just one thing I noticed playing the CTTH. The ball position map that's normally on the side was in the centre of the screen and obscuring the view of the pin on one of the holes. Thanks for the new course, and really look forward to playing the full version

The one thing I noticed immediately was the so-called description of the hole which is just numbers and letters saying nothing about the hole. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 10:20 AM

birchi:

At times it does feel like gambling if you consider the impact of winds in stroke play and the built-in variance :D

LOL, good point Simon!!!

RSS