Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime Tonight 6/28/22 ***

Tue, Jul 5 2022 11:05 AM (45 replies)
  • WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 11:52 AM

The update issues was caused by our severs and pulling a bug fix last second, this has nothing to do with having/not having beta testers. I can understand being disappointed, we are all as well. The reason the downtime took longer was because people stayed up trying to fix everything in real time, they stayed up most the night working on it. 

SimonTheBeetle:

Amazing how accurate an ominous presentiment usually is... Knew something went horribly wrong with this update when it took way longer than usual.

How about running a beta test with a small group of chosen or volunteer players before & every time you release an update in the future? I'm sure most of us prefer reliability and stability over new features.

To be honest, this is very disappointing.

• G8ear67
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 12:07 PM

Yes. It seems that multi round tournaments are an issue on my end. At least the events created in the country club. Not sure about WGT multi round events, haven’t tried one yet. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 12:46 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I share your disappointment, Simon, but let's focus on the positives.  On the plus side, they've updated our Statistics tabs to add "in ranked games" to all the statistics lines.

Kudos to the WGT Team for making this oft-requested and much-needed change.  

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 12:56 PM

OH! I didn't actually know that was being added in there this update, musta snuck that one in last second

SamSpayed:

SimonTheBeetle:

I share your disappointment, Simon, but let's focus on the positives.  On the plus side, they've updated our Statistics tabs to add "in ranked games" to all the statistics lines.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 1:25 PM

WGTNico:
    The update issues was caused by our severs and pulling a bug fix last second, this has nothing to do with having/not having beta testers. I can understand being disappointed, we are all as well. The reason the downtime took longer was because people stayed up trying to fix everything in real time, they stayed up most the night working on it.

Please don't get me wrong, Nico. I didn't mean to disparage you guys' efforts and hard work.

Yeah... trying to pull something off at the last minute or second doesn't usually end up pretty. Thanks for your reply sharing what happened. And for the new course, of course. Appreciate it.

SamSpayed:

You're right, Scott. Gotta look on the bright side, something I often tend to forget...

Kudos to the team, indeed!

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 1:30 PM

Deleted

• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 1:48 PM

What did you all do? SUCH INCOMPETENCE. 13 years i have been here and the game gets worse update to update, wgtnico while you talk a lot, the results are still the same the game is TRASH. Cant even complete a multi player round now. Question.......are you trying to drive off all of the long time players?????  you have already driven away THOUSANDS if not more.. GREAT BUSINESS MODEL BTW

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 4:58 PM

WGTNico,

You are not responding to what everyone is complaining about.

Club members cannot access multi-round club tournaments in their club.  As an owner, I have had many complaints about this and it is affecting me too.

This is a disaster.  Many of these tournaments (or the round) expire tonight or tomorrow.

Some of these are premium tournaments.  Your customer service people are going to have thousands of complaints asking for refunds on entry fees.

I am trying to play the 3rd round of a 72 hole 4 round tournament.  As far as I am concerned, WGT will owe me the entry fee and 36 holes of ball usage.

FIX IT NOW.

Tom.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 5:49 PM

Guys, let's give them a break. Nico said they had an all-nighter last night.  It's frustrating & disappointing, I know. Me too, I still get the "Getting tournament leaderboard data" loop thing whenever I try to enter and play a CC tourney.

Nico's not responding probably because he can't. The poor dude is a cannon fodder or bullet bait thrown to us beasts so that the rest of them can buy some time to... do whatever necessary. 

We've got two options basically, either quit for good or be patient & watch this game get better (hopefully). I've personally decided to opt the latter since I'm too addicted and (still) love this game.

Let us give them some time. You can rally against their "incompetence" later. Cheers.

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 10:28 PM

Kudos to Nico for being more accessible, straight forward AND available to at least respond to the issue's, suggestions and complaints we sometimes bombard the forum with ( I know I have been very boisterous and outspoken over the years)

It's very refreshing to see some acknowledgement! ...How often have we ALL complained about the silence and "Crickets" when our questions and complaints go unanswered?

So THANKS Nico keep up the good work! 

JD

RSS