Forums

Help › Forums

match play

Mon, Jun 27 2022 8:11 PM (3 replies)
  • PGAProspect
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 2:30 PM

I assume this question has been posed before and maybe I haven't seen it.  Will match play option be made available?  I enjoyed that the most on the older version and would like to play those matches again.  

This along with some team play would be a fun feature enhancement

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 2:40 PM

Maybe I’m not following, or you are on mobile, but Match play is still there for PC. I wish more people played them, or didn’t boot you from the room for being a higher level. As I was progressing I loved playing higher levels players. If I remember correctly it gives you a better rating for beating higher tier players.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 3:29 PM

protonc:

Maybe I’m not following, or you are on mobile, but Match play is still there for PC. I wish more people played them, or didn’t boot you from the room for being a higher level. As I was progressing I loved playing higher levels players. If I remember correctly it gives you a better rating for beating higher tier players.

Exactly...I haven't been able to find a match play join a game since flash ended. Only time I do match play is with friends through discord or something now.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 8:11 PM

protonc:
    If I remember correctly it gives you a better rating for beating higher tier players.

That's correct, up until you reach Legend tier.  If you are below Legend tier, if you beat a higher-tiered player in Match Play, you get a boost toward tiering up. 

See this post for details:  https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/475870/3376382.aspx#3376382

Start with the section marked "16/02/2019"

RSS