Forums

Help › Forums

Clueless

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 22 2022 5:31 AM (6 replies)
  • gdinc2010
    14 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 7:59 PM

I'm trying to figure out why a legend would want to "friend" me. I've been mucking my way around this place for 12 years now and still really suck. I still endure long hours of taking asinine surveys to grub for credits. I especially love the ones that hold you for 10 minutes, gleaning all kinds of demographics and then send the dear John post that informs you the survey has enough participants. But thanks for your info ***!!!! But I digress. I figure it's someone that wants another feather in their war bonnet, or a caring, mentor that feels the need to instill his knowledge upon me. Word around the campfire is "feather". Getting more like Twitter here every day. Legend Bot? That's a first...   

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 8:29 PM

Thanks for explaining why you only have 2 people on your friends list in 12 years of play.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 8:34 PM

I believe I have friends from every tier and I think you're reading too much into it. If I find a friendly match and we seem to enjoy each others company, I will sometimes send a friend invite. I've only invited a couple close friends to a match via my friends list. I don't bother anyone and they don't bother me. I only have about 65 friends and think the max was a couple hundred? Not sure. 

Friending used to be so much easier when the "friend" button was almost always there after the game. Now to friend someone, it actually takes effort. 

PS There's nothing wrong with asking for or accepting help.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 10:46 PM

Duphpherer:
    I only have about 65 friends and think the max was a couple hundred?
    Full functionality is limited to 255 friends, an obsolete 8-bit number limitation which will never change, probably.

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 12:15 AM

gdinc2010:
    I especially love the ones that hold you for 10 minutes, gleaning all kinds of demographics and then send the dear John post that informs you the survey has enough participants

With some experience doing surveys you should be able to detect which ones are worth doing and which ones are not like weather you are just trying to qualify for some survey or actually taking it. I don't do many these days, but I used to and made tons of credits doing them after I learned how to maximize credits earned for the time spent on them.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 5:09 AM

There have been times when I have read a posting in a forum that I wanted to respond to but thought my comments would not be appropriate to all of WGT (at least the forum users). With no private messaging system other than between friends, I have made a friend request.

Sometimes after a contact has been executed and the conversation has reached its limit, I have ended the "friendship"; others have continued. 

Being clueless now does not mean that you need to be clueless forever. That is why the forums exist.

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 5:31 AM

HackWilson1930:

There have been times when I have read a posting in a forum that I wanted to respond to but thought my comments would not be appropriate to all of WGT (at least the forum users). With no private messaging system other than between friends, I have made a friend request.

Sometimes after a contact has been executed and the conversation has reached its limit, I have ended the "friendship"; others have continued. 

Being clueless now does not mean that you need to be clueless forever. That is why the forums exist.

"...my comments would not be appropriate to all of WGT (at least the forum users)"

I have read many of your posts along the way, and I can all but assure you that they will not offend anyone. They are invariably on point and helpful.

"Being clueless now does not mean that you need to be clueless forever. That is why the forums exist."

Good case in point ^^^.

RSS