Auto CC Pass Deduction

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 26 2022 11:05 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CMALioza
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 6:28 AM

Hello all,

I've recently started playing this game again after a few years off.  I am very familiar with the auto CC function.  This is currently disabled in my settings.  However, once a day I am still being auto charged for a CC pass.  I don't understand why.  This has cost me roughly 200 credits over the last few days.

I am strictly a mobile player right now, but I logged onto the browser to ensure there wasn't another setting I needed to turn off or something.  I have searched the forums for a solution but it seems like everyone else is able to resolve by disabling the auto cc pass function, but this is not working for me.  Another weird thing I have noticed is that the amount I am being deducted is more than the cost of my typical cc pass.  I am estimating, but I believe my CC pass costs 37c, but I am being deducted 45-55c.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?  If this is some weird bug, is there any chance to get these credits refunded?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 8:43 AM

If you play coin games, go into the coin room lobby and click on the "sponsor" area at bottom of screen. Chose "sponsor preferences" at the top and make sure both options are turned off. You may be auto buying sponsor time which starts at 75 credits and goes down in credits as timer counts down to when it’s free again. The free sponsor time (30 mins) is given every 6hrs* (as correctly noted by DodgyPutter). I think this is the issue and why it’s different amounts every time. 

• Edit #1: changed “5hrs” to “6hrs” due to my inaccuracy as pointed out by DodgyPutter @3:45 PM EST Fri June 17, 2022
    • Edit #2: changed “6hrs” back to “5hrs” due to DodgyPutter’s observation that my previous edit was lacking my full disclosure and detailed accounting of said change @8:53 PM EST Fri June 17, 2022
    • Edit #3: changed “5hrs” back to “6hrs” as I came to the personal moral decision that the post should reflect the most accurate information with regards to the intricacies and procedures of the game, despite the fact that whether it says 5hrs or 6hrs it’s 100% irrelevant to the OP’s original question as it does not impact or affect the intended spirit of the answer I gave as to why he was “mysteriously” being charged credits of varied amounts which he believed were due to CC pass purchases but were in actual fact due to the purchasing of Sponsorship play time. @9:03 PM EST Fri June 17, 2022
    • Edit #4: added notation to original text to cite DodgyPutter's contribution to my initial answer of the OP's query clarifying the correct and precise 6hr timing interval between Free Sponsorship availability in the WGT Coin Room . @12:25 AM Sat June 18, 2022
    • Edit #5 … don’t worry about it! @some time Sat afternoon
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 10:22 AM

MarchieB:

If you play coin games go into the coin room lobby and click on the sponsor area at bottom of screen. Chose sponsor preferences at the top and make sure they’re both turned off. You may be auto buying sponsor time which starts at 75 credits and goes down in credits as timer counts down to when it’s free again. The free sponsor time (30 mins) is given every 5 hrs. I think this is the issue and why it’s different amounts every time. 

That’s a great bit of advice , I have always played mobile and never knew about this , just checked mine and they are both off , but good to know 

• CMALioza
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 11:05 AM

Yes, that was the issue.  Both settings were on, including the auto purchase.  I did not know there were "sponsorships", I definitely overlooked that.

You are a true hero, sir.  Thank you!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 11:06 AM

The 30min free sponsor time is given every six hours.  The clock starts when you start the sponsorship, meaning when you finish playing it it'll be down to just under 5 hours 30min to the next one.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 2:48 PM

DodgyPutter:

The 30min free sponsor time is given every six hours.  The clock starts when you start the sponsorship, meaning when you finish playing it it'll be down to just under 5 hours 30min to the next one.

Yes but you can pay to get other sponsorships and this is what Marche is talking about . The automatic pass to buy to trigger before the 6 hours .

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 3:13 PM

EDIT @ 9:23 PM EST Fri June 17, 2022:  Removed my initial comment that MarchieB was "most likely" correct, as he was, in fact, correct, as was pointed out by the OP above, although his (OP's) reply was delayed by moderation.

To the OP:  Just as an FYI, you can also go to https://www.wgt.com/user/transactions.aspx and look at your past transactions to confirm how your credits were spent.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 3:23 PM

bossbird:

MarchieB:

If you play coin games go into the coin room lobby and click on the sponsor area at bottom of screen. Chose sponsor preferences at the top and make sure they’re both turned off. You may be auto buying sponsor time which starts at 75 credits and goes down in credits as timer counts down to when it’s free again. The free sponsor time (30 mins) is given every 5 hrs. I think this is the issue and why it’s different amounts every time. 

That’s a great bit of advice , I have always played mobile and never knew about this , just checked mine and they are both off , but good to know 

This wasn't a bigee, I was just trying to clarify for the op and anyone that wanted to only use free passes.  Marchie originally said "The free sponsor time (30 mins) is given every 5 hrs." that was wrong it's every 6hrs.

The fact Marchie changed his post after mine went up maybe makes mine look a bit stupid but it wasn't at the time.

It would be nice if people said when they edited.

Edit: Maybe I should always quote.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 6:10 PM

I have corrected my post for the WGT Kangaroo Court Judiciary Members.

I hope this appeases the court and that there will be no further penalties incurred to my good standing within the WGT Forum community or my personal WGT playing account. 😝 <=== Just in case this wasn't clear PLEASE understand that this little emoji is just my way of saying that whatever I've written in the thread was just me joking around and having a bit of fun in an exaggerated way at what some have said in regards to editing posts.

• Oh, and before I forget ...
    • Edit #1: added text explanation of my intention to just poke a bit sarcastically at this thread in an entirely self serving and vain attempt at some form of comedy @12:16 AM EST Sat June 18, 2022

• PAGES
RSS