Forums

Help › Forums

Cheat programs

Fri, Mar 10 2023 5:11 AM (33 replies)
  • SlasherSash
    201 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2022 2:18 PM

Serious question - who & how do I contact WGT if I suspect someone that’s playing tournaments to be using a cheat program of some type? And if so can they analyse that players game some how to determine if they are? 

And it’s not sour grapes or anything because I haven’t played them, just been observant 🤔 

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2022 11:10 PM

x

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2022 2:55 AM

SlasherSash:
    Serious question - who & how do I contact WGT if I suspect someone that’s playing tournaments to be using a cheat program of some type?

"Contact WGT" at the bottom of this page.

SlasherSash:
    And if so can they analyse that players game some how to determine if they are? 

Depends what they're doing probably and I guess it'll be more difficult if they're only doing it sometimes (playing special tournaments for example).

I would caution that as the game has been so completely reverse engineered by now that there will be those that can shoot scores that may surprise you, especially in tournaments with long or no clocks, as they access more technology than NASA.  That isn't against the rules.

I suppose that doesn't mean they wouldn't use something like bot's to hit (or just miss the right way) the ding too. Good luck but don't hold your breath.

• spacejunk
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2022 8:53 PM

I find it frustrating that when playing the Showdowns.(which i love playing).i get placed against Tour Legends that post a score of 17 under. What chance do i have as a Master to even be competitive.

• billycash74
    2,074 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 4:59 AM

SlasherSash:

Serious question - who & how do I contact WGT if I suspect someone that’s playing tournaments to be using a cheat program of some type? And if so can they analyse that players game some how to determine if they are? 

And it’s not sour grapes or anything because I haven’t played them, just been observant 🤔 

dont make assumptions. youll make an ass out of yourself. 

• jdstickit
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 6:46 AM

It does make you wonder sometimes.  Just played the latest showdown!  A player, (legend) ranked 75, just shot -14 under using starter clubs and an average ball!  If he played the same winds that I did, there is no way he shots -14 under.  Just saying.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 9:21 PM

spacejunk:
    I find it frustrating that when playing the Showdowns.(which i love playing).i get placed against Tour Legends that post a score of 17 under. What chance do i have as a Master to even be competitive

I enjoy playing in the Showdowns as well. I am a TL and have never placed at top of leaderboard. I have seen Masters and Tour Pros in top 10, but never me. Understand, in showdowns, there are players who have multiple accounts, restarts and others that are just that darn good.

Can I win? Highly unlikely. However, I really enjoy them. I play and try to get a better placement than the last time I played. I play to see if I can make top 50 and get that extra case. I play for free apparel.

I broke top 50 this last time and totally love the Under the Seas Shoes and Glove.

I play because it is fun, always. Obviously, I would love to win, I play to win, but I know odds are against it, but I play anyway.

Whether you have a chance (I presume you mean to win) or not, does it really matter? Enjoy the challenge and try to do better each time, than the previous time.

Now, obviously, I want to do better than my friends, much more fun if I can gloat a little, even if I was 48 or 64 or 70th.

Enjoy the game :)

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2022 6:04 AM

spacejunk:
    I find it frustrating that when playing the Showdowns.(which i love playing).i get placed against Tour Legends that post a score of 17 under. What chance do i have as a Master to even be competitive

HamdenPro:

I play because it is fun, always. Obviously, I would love to win, I play to win, but I know odds are against it, but I play anyway.

Whether you have a chance (I presume you mean to win) or not, does it really matter? Enjoy the challenge and try to do better each time, than the previous time.

Now, obviously, I want to do better than my friends, much more fun if I can gloat a little, even if I was 48 or 64 or 70th.

Enjoy the game :)

Well said, I would say also that comparing scores in SD is like comparing Apples and Bowling balls...

What I mean is- The holes you draw are as important as anything in determining your end score, I've had SDs where I draw a LOT of par 5s and as expected you score better. Also had SDs that were loaded with par 3's and that is tough to score as well on, coupled with the different conditions.

There is also the possibility you draw the courses your weakest on while someone else draws to their strength. 

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2022 6:57 AM

PureGro1:
    What I mean is- The holes you draw are as important as anything in determining your end score, I've had SDs where I draw a LOT of par 5s and as expected you score better. Also had SDs that were loaded with par 3's and that is tough to score as well on, coupled with the different conditions.

I think we all play the same holes in a Showdown but the conditions vary, and, we don’t get them in the same order which to me makes the tiebreak system unfair.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2022 7:03 AM

pmm711:
    I think we all play the same holes in a Showdown

Interesting...I did not know this, I thought it was randomly chosen coin games 3 holes at a time. 

RSS