Forums

Help › Forums

Game playing choppy after computer upgrade

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 13 2022 5:40 AM (4 replies)
  • catman573
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2022 2:08 PM

Just upgraded my 2013 iMac to a 2019 version with the latest operating system , Monterey 12.4. Now the game plays choppy especially the swing meter , really hard to play since it jumps so much. Also the ball flight is choppy. I tried tossing the game and reinstalling it, tried changing monitor resolution , rebooted router , nothing seems to work. Newer iMac has better graphics card and more speed. Very frustrating , can't play the game like this. Anyone else experiencing this problem. Wrote to WGT but haven't had a response yet. 
     Thanks very much , 

Tony

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2022 9:59 AM

Keep playing, the game may be downloading all the assets it needs, background pictures etc. Whereas your old machine had already done that and cached them. Be patient Tony.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2022 11:24 AM

ScottHope:

Keep playing, the game may be downloading all the assets it needs, background pictures etc. Whereas your old machine had already done that and cached them. Be patient Tony.

I don't know Scott.  A  couple of years ago, I rebuilt a dead win7 to a much faster win10 machine.  WGT worked fine from the git go.

I think Tony you don't have something set correctly, but then again I am not a Mac person.

And if, you are running on wifi, I think that may be a problem also.  I have noticed a few things that don't seem to work correctly(phone and tablet) on a consistent basis, off of wifi.  All my computers are hard wired.

see my post on page 40 Forums » Welcome to WGT » Announcements & News » Limited Credit Videos

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2022 12:10 PM

garyk49:
    I don't know Scott.

I don't know either Gary, it was just a thought. ; )

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2022 5:40 AM

Tony you might want to take a look at this article  https://support.apple.com/macos/upgrade

There are a couple of other articles concerning Monterey 12.4

You might have issues with running that OS.

RSS