Forums

Help › Forums

Whose There?

Sat, Aug 6 2022 3:29 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • okiechuck
    4,015 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2022 5:50 PM

Please WGT, put some sort of indicator on the App that will let us know who is actually ready to be invited to a game when they are showing green. Or at least some sort of instant messaging device that will allow us to ask if someone that is green is ready for an invite. We only have 5 minutes to set up a game before it sends us back to the lobby. And we can use almost the entire time waiting for someone to either accept or deny the invite. Maybe even lengthen the stay of the white banner at the top left to allow some in the middle of a shot to complete their shot and reply to the invite. I am writing on behalf of PC players. I don't know if mobile players have the same problem. But there has got to be a way to ease this situation. Thanks

Cheers

• pdb1
    23,434 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 4:35 PM

okiechuck:
    Or at least some sort of instant messaging device that will allow us to ask if someone that is green is ready for an invite.

If they are on your friend list a message will post to email right away .

If they aren't on your friend list a wall post will post to email right away .

This can be done prior to creating a game and inviting .

If you do a few of them and get responses you can set a time .

This used to work back in the day .

Unfortunately for me I no longer recieve any emails from Messaging , Wall Posts , or Forum Posts . They say they can't see a reason on their end . I say B.S.

• pdb1
    23,434 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 12:16 PM

I have even created a new email for WGT . Changed and updated . Still no emails from Messaging , Wall Posts , or Forum Posts.

I don't even get these anymore .

I do receive purchase confirmations ,

And automated [Request received] from emails to member services .

And replies from member services .

• ScottHope
    8,614 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 1:19 PM

Paul, do you use an application on your computer to view your emails or do you log in to a website to view them?

• pdb1
    23,434 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 2:05 PM

ScottHope:

Paul, do you use an application on your computer to view your emails or do you log in to a website to view them?

I use the fullout GMAIL WORKSPACE  . But I also have the WINDOWS 10 link to GMAIL . Neither of them recieve WGT emails . Neither does the new one I created .

I recieved this earlier .

Support (WGT)

Jun 22, 2022, 3:01 PM CDT

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for the message. We have received reports that some players are not receiving account activity emails and our team is looking into this. Unfortunately we wouldn't have any resolution to this issue at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services

My GMAIL has been my default email for over 20 years.

I was feeling picked on before that response . Having had no other confirmation in the Forums ( as there usually would be ).

But since there is practically no current Forum activity . I chalk it up to that .

EDIT : Lol it is always funny when I post something before I recieve it 3:01 PM CDT .

• ScottHope
    8,614 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2022 2:15 AM

I have posted this before but does this setting make any difference?...

• pdb1
    23,434 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 12:44 PM

ScottHope:
    I have posted this before but does this setting make any difference?...

I never saw it before . So I checked and all were marked

Not anymore . They now all are

We'll see what happens .

Thank you Scott .

So far after refreshing both WGT and my email . Still nothing has shown up . I will be looking though .

• ScottHope
    8,614 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 1:21 PM

I had a feeling that it might not make any difference, but it pays to dot the i's and cross the t's.

⇩ EDIT : Absolutely protonc, why some get WGT's emails and others don't is a mystery to me. ⇩

• protonc
    501 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 2:51 PM

Paul/Scott, we shouldn’t have to jump through any type of hoops to get this fixed. Last night I was invited probably 9 times within “the WGT next day”. Hate it for me and friends. Hate how companies are too good to reach out to others for support. It shouldn’t be that hard! If I were in Excel I would have some IF statements, problem solved! LOL! I’m sure it isn’t that easy across platforms, but dang us long time players built this game! We know what we’re missing!

• pdb1
    23,434 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 11:12 PM

protonc:
    Paul/Scott, we shouldn’t have to jump through any type of hoops to get this fixed.

You are so right . But this is at least the 3rd time in ten years . That I lose all Emails from WGT for inside of a year . It is now more than obvious that their various multi media systems are becoming more corrupt steadily .

The same system that has 80 million out of 100 million corrupt accounts ( or more ) . Never been maintained or trimmed or pruned , or cleaned , or cleared . Or defragged or deleted .

That is at least if they are not lying about seeing nothing on their end .. Which I find it difficult to beleive that they woulf not know if email replies are not going out . There would be a prompt that it wasn't sent . With an error code .

<^><^><^><^>

Had about a 1.5 hour chat today with Google One . I showed them that I had no blocked sites .

I showed them these WGT emails that showed up in my SPAM yesterday . 1 was from June 16 , 1 from June 19 and 1 from June 20 . When I clicked " Not Spam " on them and sent them to my inbox . They all had a WARNING . With no option to click " Not Spam " or " Not Phishing " .

the fine print says

And yes they are in my address book . Have been for 10 years .

@ Google wrote :

" if it is an error with Google there should be a mailer daemon notice which you show none."

" but I do believe that they need to check their servers for restrictions,"

<^><^><^><^>

So it appears that the hold up is definitely on the WGT end . Member services said that they have received other similar reports . So at least I don't feel alone anymore . Lol .

But what a frustrating inconvenience this is .

• PAGES
RSS