Forums

Help › Forums

Baffled during H2H game

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 15 2022 1:59 PM (5 replies)
  • Bagoballs93
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2022 9:49 AM

I enjoy this game but sometimes I'm left shaking my head. I experienced 2 things which I'm submitting to discuss or explain. First question, I had 183 yds into a same elevated green with a 15-17 mph headwind. I used my 195 yd Taylormade RSi2 iron, hit my ding, center dot, Srixon Z Star 180cr ball which flew 195 yds exact and stopped dead. The wind never touched the shot. Second question, I had a 15 ft breaking putt on fast 10 green speed. I read the break from my golfer in front of the hole which the dots were moving left to right, I then changed views to read the putt from behind the hole, now the dots are moving right to left! How do you decipher which break to play? Is anyone noticing more inconsistencies lately? 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2022 4:28 PM

Bagoballs93:

I enjoy this game but sometimes I'm left shaking my head. I experienced 2 things which I'm submitting to discuss or explain. First question, I had 183 yds into a same elevated green with a 15-17 mph headwind. I used my 195 yd Taylormade RSi2 iron, hit my ding, center dot, Srixon Z Star 180cr ball which flew 195 yds exact and stopped dead. The wind never touched the shot. Second question, I had a 15 ft breaking putt on fast 10 green speed. I read the break from my golfer in front of the hole which the dots were moving left to right, I then changed views to read the putt from behind the hole, now the dots are moving right to left! How do you decipher which break to play? Is anyone noticing more inconsistencies lately? 

Can’t answer your first part, but I’ll help you with the second part. Whenever there’s a dispute in breaks, switch to Chipping instead of Putting. The breaks viewed in Chipping Mode is the right break. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2022 5:20 PM

regards to q1 - remember the game has built in variance - what you describe is not entirely uncommon - but most of the time the game will play as expected.  don't sweat it, it happens.

as for q2 - you may be referencing the dynamic that Fmagnets - did a video on and it may be helpful - you have to keep in mind whether the grid lines are skewed - or giving you the best representation of the putt - and then learn or understand why the differ when changing views - which you may learn from experience playing.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2022 10:52 AM

Bagoballs93:

if i read this right you hit the 195 club with flat spin Aka "center dot" generally the long irons fly about 15 yards further with flat spin. so that would be 210 yards minus the 15-17mph headwind. 195 sounds about right in general. I mean your ball changes it minorly and some other things. but it did what it's supposed to.

the dot thing sometimes happens. especially so on Kiawah. not sure where you were. best yuo can do is hit the middle and make a note if in same spot down the road.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2022 12:24 PM

Mythanatos:
    generally the long irons fly about 15 yards further with flat spin.

this is not true with the Srixon Balls - and flat shots from the fairway actually have shorter carry distance yardage for some clubs but tend to release upon landing than 1/2 BS shots - whereas you will see a longer carry yardage from the tee box yardages - so the optimal trajectory for the Srixon balls tend to be more around 1/2 bs type shots or FBS at times for control with tailwinds.

while your observations may apply for some of the moderate to higher end balls - his shot was typical silly variance for the coin rooms especially hitting into a headwind.  it won't happen all the time - but it does happen. 

-- there are some potential other factors that could be at play but I don't have enough info of the shot he took to offer other explanations based on my experience with the ball - and it would likely involve ctth tie breaker shots - where it is not uncommon for yardages to play different than shown. 

--I will note- my notes for the Srixon are pretty old - but they are still sufficient for playing in bellagio - I rarely change them and I primarily use Srixons with boosted irons with apparel - so that is also where the bulk of my experience with them comes from.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2022 1:59 PM

Bagoballs93:

. I read the break from my golfer in front of the hole which the dots were moving left to right, I then changed views to read the putt from behind the hole, now the dots are moving right to left! How do you decipher which break to play? Is anyone noticing more inconsistencies lately? 

Unless I am reading something wrong here, what the OP is describing is perfectly normal.  What all of you are describing is front of the hole, dots moving left to right, and back of the hole dots moving left to right, and I think that is the case of what the OP was asking.  He just stated it wrong.

RSS