Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club pay-to-play tournaments

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 28 2022 6:30 AM (6 replies)
  • pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2022 2:33 PM

My country club may be trying out pay-to-enter tournaments. The options for payouts are (1) winner take all, (2) top 3 and (3) top 10. My question is, if "top 10" is selected and less than 10 play, is the prize fund recalculated or if for example only 6 play, the 7-10 monies are forfeited? Thanks!

Tom

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 2:08 AM

That doesn’t really answer his question about what happens if you choose the 19 player pay out and less than 10 people enter.

pearljammmmer, I cannot personally answer your question as I don’t know but hopefully someone who does can respond. 
    The only suggestion I can give is to possibly make a quick one day tourney and have just a few people play it and see what happens?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 2:47 AM

pearljammmmer:
    My question is, if "top 10" is selected and less than 10 play, is the prize fund recalculated or if for example only 6 play, the 7-10 monies are forfeited?
    Unfortunately, the rules and FAQ don't tell anything about it.

From a former FAQ version, I saved the "70 payout" rules, and they delt with an incomplete field with the general statement

"The entire tournament purse will be paid out regardless of how many entrants there are in the tournament."

and a detailled description how they would proceed.

In their texts about CC tournament payouts, there was no such text. Thus, I'm guessing that the unclaimed monies in CC tourneys might always have been forfeited.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 5:20 AM

Thanks for the replies, they are appreciated. I think we'll take Marchie's suggestion and try a 10 player payout tournament and see what happens if less than 10 play.

Tom

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 5:47 AM

If you select top 10 and only 5 players play, the FULL PRIZE will be payed out to those top 5 with the appropriate percentages.

Brett

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 6:30 AM

BPeterson8256:

If you select top 10 and only 5 players play, the FULL PRIZE will be payed out to those top 5 with the appropriate percentages.

Brett

Thank you! I appreciate the reply!

Tom

RSS