Equipment

Sun, May 29 2022 1:05 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 3:01 PM

callaghan159:
    I gifted a club member a wedge on May 18th and its still not equipped. LOL

as easy as it is for many of us - new or newer players - even find such things as changing clubs out challenging or just don't know how - the 3rd wedge scenario is one that has come up for long term users to the point a video was made to help people.  it is not always clear and some people may need help or a link to a video that walks them thru it.  

some people rarely jump into the forum - but I do agree it can be discouraging at times to offer help and not feel it is appreciated or being used. 

let's just hope it is a misunderstanding.

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 4:21 PM

el3n1:
    let's just hope it is a misunderstanding.

there is no misunderstanding, they know the gift has been sent but , for the moment prefers the starter wedge.....I'm not sure why. We have had messaged each other via wall post. My friend invite has been declined. LOL

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2022 6:14 PM

There was a dude who constantly bitched about the game and declared to quit saying he'd sell all the equipment before leaving. I told him not to as you never know but hell no, he didn't listen and sold everything (so he said). He eventually came back shortly after LOL and asked me to gift him an iron set of his choice worth over 3,000 credits and that's what I did as a good friend, then guess what... He said it wasn't really what he wanted, needed something better to perform better, patati patata... He threw it away and bought a new set a few days later. LOL After this, never again gifting anything if asked. Talking about PURE waste!

• pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 1:30 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

There was a dude who constantly bitched about the game and declared to quit saying he'd sell all the equipment before leaving. I told him not to as you never know but hell no, he didn't listen and sold everything (so he said). He eventually came back shortly after LOL and asked me to gift him an iron set of his choice worth over 3,000 credits and that's what I did as a good friend, then guess what... He said it wasn't really what he wanted, needed something better to perform better, patati patata... He threw it away and bought a new set a few days later. LOL After this, never again gifting anything if asked. Talking about PURE waste!

SMH 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 9:06 AM

callaghan159:
    there is no misunderstanding,

obviously there was

callaghan159:
    I'm not sure why.

if you had taken time to ask or even read the thread in our club forum you would have known based on a comment, they really loved that club and prefer it because they are familiar with it.

beyond that - if you knew and understood all of that - you would have known that based on their preference and yardage gapping - the max meter wedge at 50y would have been a better fit for them, even cheaper than the one sent, and a club that would have appealed to them more.

so yes, i still think there was some assumptions and misunderstanding involved because you still seem puzzled why they prefer the starter wedge when it makes sense if you read what they shared.  

no one doubts your willingness to help, but sometimes it would really help to try and learn more before jumping the gun and then claiming someone else is ungrateful for something they never asked for, unlike what happened to StB.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 1:05 PM

< removed by author >

• PAGES
RSS