Help › Forums

Quitting bug still exists in Showdowns

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 23 2022 2:35 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 3:05 PM

I was just playing my final round of the current showdown.  I was at -1 after the first of the 3 holes on Erin Hills.  I put my approach to 1yd on the 2nd hole, and the twat of an opponent quit.  I got a popup saying something unexpected happened, with CANCEL and RETRY buttons.  I tried the RETRY a few times but nothing happened, so all I could do was CANCEL.  The game closed down, and after restarting it I found that it had given me a birdie on that hole... and then a par on the last! it didn't even let me play the hole!

So WGT, the bug still exists, it has not been fixed.  Yes, I didn't get 3 bogeys like used to happen, but I could have been 1 shot better off, particularly as it was a par 5 and an almost certain birdie.  The only way to fix this problem is to allow single player play in Showdowns.  It really is pointless making it multi-player because multi-player has nothing to do with Showdowns.

EDIT:  For my last 3 holes it has given me the same 3 holes on Erin that I've already played (those mentioned above, that's how I know it was a par 5 it hadn't let me play first time around).

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 3:45 PM

Ok, an update on the above...

After looking at my scorecard again I have realised that it hadn't recorded my score on Erin first time around, that's why I played it again at the end.  Not very fair as I was -1 after 1, I had a tap-in birdie waiting on the 2nd, and a very probable birdie on the last of the 3 holes as it was a par 5.  2nd time around I didn't get the birdie on the par 3 1st hole, so it has cost me a shot... and the outright lead.  I'm now in 2nd place having scored the same as the leader.

The bug hasn't been fixed satisfactorily, so my recommendation still stands - allow single player play in Showdowns.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 10:48 PM

MioKontic:
    The bug hasn't been fixed satisfactorily, so my recommendation still stands

+1 and it's a problem from a UX standpoint, and we all know, WGT doesn't really care much about UX.

MioKontic:
    allow single player play in Showdowns.

As coin room play is all matchups atm I doubt it's an easy programming modification based on other necessary fixes that haven't been addressed to-date.  Just saying, things don't ever get thought through...just implemented without much testing...at least so it seems.

• Briss61
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 11:27 PM

MioKontic well put…this has happened to me countless times. My cynical view is the opponent pulls the trigger “somehow” and benefits from a very low score for the SDown…I have been left with a penalty score. I have also had “no internet” and exactly the same result as the pop up you describe above as well. I had perfectly normal access to the internet on the device I was using in every case.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 4:48 AM

I was back in Rookie showdown again this time , but had three different people forfeiting during my matches in the first and second rounds. I was able to complete them all on my own with no penalties.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 11:51 AM

bossbird:

I was back in Rookie showdown again this time , but had three different people forfeiting during my matches in the first and second rounds. I was able to complete them all on my own with no penalties.

With all due respect, the fact it didn't happen to you is irrelevant - the bug still exists.  I've not had any problems the previous 2 Showdowns either, since the bug was apparently fixed, but it was a problem yesterday, meaning it has NOT been fixed.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 12:57 PM

MioKontic:
    the fact it didn't happen to you is irrelevant

+1

MioKontic:
    meaning it has NOT been fixed.

or not FULLY fixed.

Well, still boycotting it here.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 2:37 PM

"CANCEL and RETRY buttons"

just an FYI

I have had success with not hitting either, and just waiting for it to time out.

Seen that posted elsewhere here somewhere, and it worked for me.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 3:00 PM

KenBTEXAS:

"CANCEL and RETRY buttons"

just an FYI

I have had success with not hitting either, and just waiting for it to time out.

Seen that posted elsewhere here somewhere, and it worked for me.

A very nice & useful tip indeed! With all due respect, though, 'til when users have to find workarounds? This is a matter that WGT should fundamentally address and solve the problem for good. A quick (also complacent & lazy) way of doing it would be, for instance, removing those CANCEL & RETRY buttons or at least grey them out.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 3:08 PM

MioKontic:

bossbird:

With all due respect, the fact it didn't happen to you is irrelevant - the bug still exists.  I've not had any problems the previous 2 Showdowns either, since the bug was apparently fixed, but it was a problem yesterday, meaning it has NOT been fixed.

I just made my comment , thinking that maybe it was fixed in rookie but not in the other levels , of course all my comments are irrelevant , that’s a given . 

• PAGES
RSS