Help › Forums

Waiting for Player to reconnect

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 11 2023 1:56 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Teegirl68
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 10:51 AM

I paid to play the Showdown today and was on the third game when the other player couldn't re-connect.  I waited 20 min, still spinning.  The only way out was to hit cancel. So I forfeited.   There has to be a way to get out of game and get your credits or coins back.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 12:29 PM

Teegirl68:
    The only way out was to hit cancel. So I forfeited.   There has to be a way to get out of game and get your credits or coins back.

Next time, do not hit Cancel. Close the game window (if playing on PC). You can do this by either "right mouse click" the icon on your tool bar and hit "close" or using CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up your "task manager" and exiting the program.

Then restart game. This should bring you back to the game with no forfeit.

As for lost coins, for the game you got kicked out of, you can try writing to members@worldgolftour.com, explain what happen and aske for a return of credits.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 2:01 PM

HamdenPro:

Teegirl68:
    The only way out was to hit cancel. So I forfeited.   There has to be a way to get out of game and get your credits or coins back.

Next time, do not hit Cancel. Close the game window (if playing on PC). You can do this by either "right mouse click" the icon on your tool bar and hit "close" or using CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up your "task manager" and exiting the program.

Then restart game. This should bring you back to the game with no forfeit.

As for lost coins, for the game you got kicked out of, you can try writing to members@worldgolftour.com, explain what happen and aske for a return of credits.

Does this work when playing alt shot or multi stroke.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 3:10 PM

callaghan159:

It seems to work when I am playing alt or multi, with friends. When we start spinning, for forever, one of us can close the window, as I explained above and the reboot the game. The others will see the message "reconnecting" and then get put back to the game start up and it will reload to where we left off.

If that was what you were asking, then yes.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 4:03 PM

I

HamdenPro:

callaghan159:

It seems to work when I am playing alt or multi, with friends. When we start spinning, for forever, one of us can close the window, as I explained above and the reboot the game. The others will see the message "reconnecting" and then get put back to the game start up and it will reload to where we left off.

If that was what you were asking, then yes.

I have tried a couple of ways that others have told me and they didn't work. I will try this way. Thanks

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 11:48 PM

ALT + F4  will also close the currently active application.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 11:56 PM

Pressing the "Windows Key" once will minimize any ongoing fullscreen application (games, movie player etc) 

Then u can right click on the minimized application and close it or expand back. 

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 6:08 PM

Teegirl68:
    ...and was on the third game when the other player couldn't re-connect.  I waited 20 min, still spinning.  The only way out was to hit cancel. So I forfeited.   

This has been getting worse and worse lately.  I think in coin room matches the opponent means to drop from the game as they're aggravated at things.

Teegirl68:
    There has to be a way to get out of game and get your credits or coins back.

Writing to WGT to get reimbursed is hit or miss.  I'm owed between 300K-400K coins due to drops as described above and I usually get the popup that says, "Saved Game No Longer Exists..."  It's flat out wrong to lose coins this way...but, they're worthless anyway, so, it's only a factor if you're coin poor.  I'm not coin poor, but, I'd like the game to play correctly.  To me, if a player drops for any reason, WGT should take it as a forfeit and credit the remaining player a Win.  How difficult can that be to address?

• BumsiBu
    13 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 7:34 AM

Well, I tried that. It didn't work. I believe some players do this on purpose to annoy the winners. These players should be punished or banned from playing for a certain while.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 5:01 AM

I have found if the circle goes round and round for ten seconds or so , I close the game and app and come straight back in , and it’s fine . If you wait longer than 90 seconds , ie 2x 45 second clock , you will end up having it say no saved game . That’s in my experience on a iPad and mobile app . 

• PAGES
RSS