Help › Forums

Players Quitting but Not Forfeiting

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 27 2022 6:15 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 5:22 PM

I'm getting really sick of this & it's happening more & more lately. It's near the end of a coin game match & my opponent knows they have no chance of winning. Then the circles start spinning, I wait for a minute or two but they just keep spinning like a lost connection. I close out my app without forfeiting then reconnect. I'm reconnected & the timer is counting down waiting for the other player to reconnect. The timer runs out & sometimes it gives me the win & the coins but most of the time it doesn't show a winner & I'm not even sure if I get my coins back. I don't do an exact count of my coins before each match. If these players just close out their app & don't reconnect, it should give me the win but it doesn't. There must be some kind of exploit that players have figured out to forfeit a game without losing their coins. If you know how this is done, please don't say it here because I don't want more people to figure this out. WGT really needs to do something about this. These people are pathetic!!!

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 8:32 AM

So another exploit some players are using now to get out of games they know they can't win without forfeiting. This has happened twice to me in last 2 days. My opponent knows they have no chance to win & their play clock runs down to 00 but doesn't give the player a timeout warning. It just stays at 00 & circles are not spinning like a bad connection. I wait for about a minute with no change. I close out my app & reconnect but it's like we never even played the game. Not even really sure if I got my coins back because I have over 6 million coins & don't look at exact amount before each match. This is some kind of exploit & it's really pathetic! WGT!! Get your act together & stop these lame exploits!!!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 11:02 PM

This is not new, has been done in all kinds of challenges (for credits and coins regardless) ever since I started.

I'm guessing that, often enough, the intent is to have you "concede" by closing the game, so the opponent might "win" and cash in the chips(?)

• Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 11:21 PM

When that happens, I go to task manager and end the game then quickly restart the game. If the opponent is still there it will reconnect and continue the match if they are not it will just time out waiting for them to return and then you will get the win by forfeit.

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 4:17 AM

Lesthanpar:

When that happens, I go to task manager and end the game then quickly restart the game. If the opponent is still there it will reconnect and continue the match if they are not it will just time out waiting for them to return and then you will get the win by forfeit.

That's what I do. I close out my game app then quickly reconnect but it doesn't always do what you describe. I'm convinced that some players have figured out an exploit to end the match without forfeiting & without losing any coins.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 8:13 AM

GuDGeoNaToR:
    That's what I do. I close out my game app then quickly reconnect but it doesn't always do what you describe. I'm convinced that some players have figured out an exploit to end the match without forfeiting & without losing any coins.

GuDGeoNaToR:
    their play clock runs down to 00 but doesn't give the player a timeout warning. It just stays at 00 & circles are not spinning like a bad connection. I wait for about a minute with no change.

Dont wait a minute, when the clock strikes zero close the app and re-open it. While your sitting and waiting, your most likely on the reconnect countdown but dont see that screen w/o closing and reopening the app in time.

• Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2022 2:18 AM

PureGro1:
    Dont wait a minute, when the clock strikes zero close the app and re-open it. While your sitting and waiting, your most likely on the reconnect countdown but dont see that screen w/o closing and reopening the app in time

Exactly, you have to move on it quickly and after you close the game out reopen it immediately so you do not time out yourself.  If someone did not bail on the game like just a slow connection or something then it will reconnect to continue the match so all it does is cause a slight delay in the game play. If you suspect someone bailed on the game do it now and do it fast.

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2022 5:40 AM

Just hit the X on the screen ,reload & rejoin match. Quicker.

• PAGES
RSS