Help › Forums

Discord! WGT now has an official Discord

Sun, Jan 15 2023 9:16 AM (22 replies)
  • WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 12:50 PM
    Hey everyone,
    WGT now has an official discord

For those who don’t know, Discord is the easiest way to engage with the WGT community using voice, video, and text. By talking, chatting, hanging out and staying close with other players and communities, Discord allows users to get in touch in a variety of ways.

Discord servers work similar as an online chat room, but with both text and voice channel support. It’s the preferred platform for players, providing them with several ways to find each other, coordinate games and talk while playing!

Some reasons why we made an official Discord
    • Have a great online space to talk about WGT
    • Meet other players within the game to talk to and potentially play with/against
    • Have real-time conversations with WGT Staff and participate in discussions with other players
    • Receive updates/information on new game features that isn’t always as readily available on the forums
    Does this mean the forums are going away? No not at all, I fully believe that the discord and forums can exist cohesively. Discord is just overall better for real time conversations and relaying information, as well is a much more accepted community based platforms compared to forums in todays gaming space.
    Hope you all decide to join the Discord community and I look forward to seeing many of you there.
    When joining, you will see two sets of a rules, the first one you have to agree to, the second one you click on the green checkmark in the #read-me channel to unlock the full server. If you do not, then you'll be stuck without access to the full server. If you have any issues then feel free to reply to this thread, or dm me on discord WGT Nico#3731 

I'm open to feedback on any improvements, changes, or things you want to see in the Discord, I'm also thinking of some ideas to do with Country Clubs to expand upon those as well. There also will be a fun single play private tournament starting tomorrow. The code will be exclusive to those joining the Discord. Feel free to send the link to your Country Clubs, friends that play the game, are considering playing, etc. 
  • PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 1:39 PM

WGTNico:
    I'm open to feedback on any improvements, changes, or things you want to see in the Discord, I'm also thinking of some ideas to do with Country Clubs to expand upon those as well. There also will be a fun single play private tournament starting tomorrow. The code will be exclusive to those joining the Discord. Feel free to send the link to your Country Clubs, friends that play the game, are considering playing, etc. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 2:09 PM

Very nice, Nico! You're doin' the right thing to make this wonderful game even more wonderful! :)

• RoggRR
    582 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 4:29 PM

Great option. Thank you.

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 6:00 PM

If you do not, then you'll be stuck without access to the full server. “

What would access to partial server be?

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 1:39 AM

WGTNico:
    WGT now has an official discord

It's actually been around for a long time.

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 8:05 AM

Without the verified role, you will only 3 see channels. read-me, role-assign, and introductions. None of which you can post in. Once you get the verified role by accepting the rules in the read-me channel it gives you access to the full server which has over 15 channels as well of a few voice channels.

AlaskanDame:

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 9:41 AM

WGTNico:

Without the verified role, you will only 3 see channels. read-me, role-assign, and introductions. None of which you can post in. Once you get the verified role by accepting the rules in the read-me channel it gives you access to the full server which has over 15 channels as well of a few voice channels.

AlaskanDame:

Thank you.

Do people sign up for discord with their WGT name, or can they change it there?

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 9:46 AM

You can have whatever name you want (as long as it's not offensive or nsfw), totally up to you if you want it to be your wgt name 

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 11:39 AM

WGTNico:

You can have whatever name you want (as long as it's not offensive or nsfw), totally up to you if you want it to be your wgt name 

Well, I guess that’s some thing I don’t “get.”  Someone could sign up as AlaskanDame, and other Discord users would think it is me?  And if I see names of people in Discord that I think are in my club, they could actually be non-members that I’ve blocked for good reasons?

RSS