Forums

Help › Forums

Let's talk about it!!

Fri, Jun 3 2022 7:04 PM (60 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 1:58 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Dunno what to tell you cause i don't use discord (except for live series which is mandatory).

Fair enough, I just meant that you're probably the only one here that qualifies to be in the "other" group.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 2:15 AM

HamdenPro:
    I been checking out the Discord since just before it went "live" for everyone's use. It seems to me that the mods are not only more active, and reply to most people, on any subject, there are more in attendance. You also have the ability to direct a message to a particular mod in live time.

There would be attendance and attention on the first day, I think the same was true with steam, we'll see after a month or so.

HamdenPro:
    In any event, I personally find it way too busy of a group chat to really feel like I am participating.

There are threads, it may be that only mod's can start them but I guess you could ask for one on a particular subject and if they approve of what you want to talk about.......

I reckon when there are more threads, and the initial rush is over, things will spread out and slow down. 

Edit: Looks like you can create a thread there, much confused :-/ 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 10:47 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Probably you missed the paradox intention of the sentence above. No worries...

I'm sure I did.

DodgyPutter:
    There would be attendance and attention on the first day, I think the same was true with steam, we'll see after a month or so.

I think the WGT Mods will continue to monitor their Discord server closely and respond.  For one thing, they'll need to make sure things don't get out of hand with insults and flame wars and impostors.  It's also easier to discuss a topic in real-time with several players, rather than dealing with the drawn-out posting delays of these Forums.  And threads (which anyone can start) can help organize those topics.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 12:32 PM

SamSpayed:

DodgyPutter:

I think the WGT Mods will continue to monitor their Discord server closely and respond.  For one thing, they'll need to make sure things don't get out of hand with insults and flame wars and impostors.

I do realise they will monitor, I'm sure they do here too.  What I'd suggest is more questionable is whether they will continue to reply and, more importantly, whether they will act on what players are saying.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 12:48 PM

DodgyPutter:

SamSpayed:

DodgyPutter:

I think the WGT Mods will continue to monitor their Discord server closely and respond.  For one thing, they'll need to make sure things don't get out of hand with insults and flame wars and impostors.

I do realise they will monitor, I'm sure they do here too.  What I'd suggest is more questionable is whether they will continue to reply and, more importantly, whether they will act on what players are saying.

Yes and No...in that order..(:

PS: other than someone getting thrown on moderation (even with Icon finally gone)

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 2:26 AM

I really see no need for another communication channel, i.e. Discord; that's what the forum is/was for, and by creating a new communication channel it just takes away the support from the forum... and puts the problem somewhere else.

I don't use Discord much (except to talk to one or two friends occasionally), but I was invited to join one of the WGT groups in order to find games.  And what a mess it was - I left the group after just a few days!  My point here is that if everyone stopped using these forums and went onto Discord, it will be no better (and very possibly a lot worse because it's real-time chat) because everyone will just move ALL of what is currently in the forum to Discord.  And imagine 100 people complaining about 100 different things all at the same time - I certainly wouldn't want to be a mod for that, nor would I want to be one of the 90+ people who aren't replied to.  At least with a forum the mods can take their time to go through the threads and reply where necessary in a more relaxed manner and timescale.

To reply back to the OP, having seen live streams in action where the game representatives explain a roadmap of upcoming changes, and then a free-for-all discussion session... the last part just doesn't go down very well at all, for similar reasons as I outlined above for Discord - too many people asking too many questions and only a very small handful getting answered, and often not to anyone's satisfaction.

My advice is, keep discussions and suggestions in the forum.  And now that Icon has gone and has been replaced by someone who seems to care about the membership rather than just himself and his small circle of friends, I think things will be looking up in the future.  And Nico's passion to help and interact with the members seems to now be rubbing off on Champion too, meaning we might now have double the support we had before.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 3:22 AM

MioKontic:

To reply back to the OP, having seen live streams in action where the game representatives explain a roadmap of upcoming changes, and then a free-for-all discussion session... the last part just doesn't go down very well at all, for similar reasons as I outlined above for Discord - too many people asking too many questions and only a very small handful getting answered, and often not to anyone's satisfaction.

Hello. I have never watched something like that. Would you be kind enough to provide some link to watch it?

Thank you.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 3:32 AM

I would like to explain further a bit what i really mean with my first post....

I didn't suggest a live stream with the technical team where 100 people asking: Can you give us cube shaped balls? How about 3000 more ball effects? Can i play with a naked avatar?

My intention was to gather 20-30 basic questions about the game's potential and talk about them in a live stream with the technical team. WGT will be already prepared to respond to questions cause will be known before the stream. Sure, we can talk about , but the context will be well precise. I had no intention to create another Babel....

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 3:52 AM

I don't think there are any links to watch it but there are threads that came from it/them.

Like this.

I found this from Andyson when I was looking for the above :-)

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 10:16 AM

MioKontic:
    I really see no need for another communication channel, i.e. Discord; that's what the forum is/was for, and by creating a new communication channel it just takes away the support from the forum... and puts the problem somewhere else.

My opinion has always been this:  The more communication from WGT, the better.

A major challenge has always been to get WGT to respond to our questions and issues at all.  We've asked questions and raised issues here in the Forums and mostly been ignored.  We've asked questions in live streams (like the PatchNotes streams and the Live Series events) and mostly been ignored.  Getting information from WGT about things like Yiannis mentioned in his first post has been like pulling teeth. 

At least for the moment, WGT folks (primarily Nico and Champion) have been very active and responsive to questions and issues in their new Discord server.  I see that as a huge positive.  Whether that continues or not... who knows.  But so far, it's been great.

Having said that, I do agree with you that the new Discord server should not replace the Forums, nor should it become their only communication channel.

RSS